We are global, we are impacting the lives of millions every day, we are making a difference!
At Amcor we are inspired to change the packaging industry and are taking on the aspirational challenge to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Through our products and global footprint, we are in a unique position to truly make a difference in the packaging space. Our products impact the lives of millions of people across the globe every day from food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal-care, and other essential products. Amcor is a thriving S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX (AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating back to the 1860's and come a long way from a single paper mill based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites. Will you be next to join our journey towards a more sustainable future?
At Amcor we are always looking for talented and passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference. Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a part of an organisation that is committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions. To find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about Amcor, visit www.amcor.com.
Amcor Flexibles North America (AFNA), a division of Amcor, operates across 35 plants and employs 9,000 colleagues within North America with headquarters in Chicago, IL and Oshkosh, WI. AFNA makes flexible packaging solutions for food and beverage, healthcare, and home and personal care applications.Job Description
Oversee all human resource functions of a facility. This includes oversight of both manufacturing and salaried /office employees. Provides strategic direction and change management support to empower and solve business needs in the areas of talent, culture, and operational excellence. Single location with 200-300 plus employees or oversees own facility and other locations.WHAT YOU GET TO DO
WHAT WE VALUE
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities
- Supports WCOM initiatives and leads T&E pillar
- Promotes and supports Amcor health and wellness initiatives
- Accountable for accurate data entry, understanding current Workday processes, and partnering with business leaders to ensure data integrity
- Handles all types of employee inquiries and issues
- Ensures delivery of annual trainings such as union avoidance, anti-harassment, core values, etc.
- Handles escalated employee inquiries and issues
- Provides guidance to leaders regarding employee matters to include performance coaching, Performance Improvement Plans, Individual Development Plans, Human Capital Plans, succession planning, salary planning, etc.
- Provides guidance on workforce planning which may include organizational re-design work, facilitation of a Talent Review/Selection process, job description creation and analysis, promotions, etc.
- Conducts employee investigations, discipline, termination, etc.
- Partners and collaborates with business leaders and serves as a member of the leadership team
- Responsible for project management of various initiatives, and may serves as a team/project leader in company-wide projects generated from Business Partners and the Corporate HR function
- Partners with the HR COE and Shared Services to ensure alignment with the needs of the business in the creation and delivery of HR programs
- Acts as the primary liaison between employees, union (if applicable), and management. Provides union avoidance training.
- Acts as a resource/mentor for other HR Managers
- Execute human capital processes including goal setting, performance reviews, human capital planning, and career development for all direct reports
- Protects employee data and handles all information with integrity and confidentiality
- Build, inspire, and lead teams/individuals in alignment with the overall Human Capital Strategy
- Ensures we are hiring, developing, and retaining our best people
- Support HR Service Delivery Model and encourage employees to leverage the model
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise - best practice sharing
- Drive consistency and sustainability with initiatives throughout the operation
- Assist in the development of a world class organization and demonstrated leadership in building Amcor culture.
- Successfully achieve milestone targets for HR roadmap
- Institutionalize the performance management process and demonstrate differentiation in rewards.
- Foster change leadership.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Clear understanding of Amcor's Global Total Rewards Strategy
- Working knowledge of HR Systems
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo through collaboration and influence
- Change & thought leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Results oriented and execution skills
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or related field
- 5 + years of Human Resource experience; experience leading and developing professionals; PHR required, SPHR desired
- Minimum of 5 years of HR management experience
- Previous project management skills required
We expect our people to be guided by The Amcor Way and demonstrate our Values every day to enable the business to win. We are winning when:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Our people are engaged and developing as part of a high-performing Amcor team
- Our customers grow and prosper from Amcor's quality, service, and innovation
- Our investors benefit from Amcor's consistent growth and superior returns
- The environment is better off because of Amcor's leadership and products
Amcor Flexibles North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click on the links "EEO is the and "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.E-Verify
We verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment in the United States.
- Business Requirements
- Change Management
- Data Entry
- Human Capital