About Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
Shirley Ryan AbilityLab is the global leader in physical medicine and rehabilitation for adults and children with the most severe, complex conditions. By joining our team, you will be part of our life-changing Mission and Vision. You’ll work in a truly inclusive environment where diversity and equity are championed through words and actions. You’ll contribute to an innovative culture that is second to none, one that embraces curiosity, discovery and compassion. You’ll play a role in something that’s never been done before as we integrate science and clinical care to help patients achieve better, faster outcomes — as we Advance Human Ability, together.
The Medical Records Technician will ensure the efficient and timely flow of work and information within and outside the medical record department. Performs a variety of medical records functions such as analysis, coding, quality assurance, and compiling data.
The Medical Records Technician will consistently demonstrate support of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Medical Records Technician will demonstrate Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and Core Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, and Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Medical Records Technician will:
- Perform audits and clinical documentation reviews of medical records required by accrediting organization to verify information is in compliance with established standards and regulations.
- Obtain required information for records with missing diagnosis.
- Provide health record reports to appropriate referring and primary care physicians.
- Upload records to tracking system for ADR, RAC, and other government audits by reviewing requests and ensuring necessary records are in system.
- Review inpatient records for deficiencies in order to meet Joint Commission Standards.
- Monitor imaging error reports in electronic health record and correct errors as needed.
- Perform release of information functions including entering requests, obtaining and/or attaching appropriate reports and follow-up with vendor as needed.
- Perform outpatient scanning functions including importing, quality control, and validation of scanned reports from all sites of care
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab.
- Reports directly to the Director, Health Information Management
To apply for this position, please click "APPLY NOW"
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.
- Quality Management
- Complex Problem Solving
- Quality Assurance
- Data Compilation
- Electronic Medical Record