Job ID: 54423
Full Stack Java Developer-54423
We encourage new ideas that will differentiate our company and improve the plans and services we provide. We also encourage teamwork as an essential element of our shared success and provide a work environment in which all people, ideas and backgrounds are respected, supported and valued.
- Full stack engineers implementing automation across development and infrastructure teams.
- Delivers a self-serve mechanism to build, deploy, and operate applications.
- Well-versed in Automation, Scripting, Application Development, Build and Deployment for Continuous Delivery.
- Supports automated provisioning of cloud and hardware using modern clouds & containers in a high security HIPAA environment.
- Works under guidance of Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects.
- Detailed implementation of most difficult problems using newest technology or solving hardest problems with outdated technology.
- Designs and documents project technical and process solutions under direction of other CTO technical staff members.
- Design & Documents their solutions.
- Provide assistance training other team members in the use and adoption of new technology.
- Work with project managers and scrum masters towards successful implementation of projects.
- Discuss and articulate solutions with multiple technical teams stakeholders.
- Identify, document and communicate both functional and non-functional technical requirements.
- Propose designs for resilient solutions.
- Takes verbal guidance and converts into plans including well documented version 1 artifacts including acceptance criteria.
- Provides updates to technical staff members and project management staff.
- Collaborates with technical contributors across ISS.
- Understand SAFe Agile process framework and how its implemented at DDMI.
- Adheres to technical standards, guidelines and promotes good design principals.
- Contributes to POCs and pilots for the larger organization.
- Continuously improve engineering, application and design knowledge.
- Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
- Position requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, information systems, electronics engineering or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in a software engineering position.
- Will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
- Extensive experience in scripting automation solutions.
- Extensive experience using Linux environment as a day to day programming environment.
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting REST JSON web services
- Experience designing and coding complex software and/or infrastructure with passable written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of current and upcoming technologies; and the ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Experience in designing and implementing scripted configuration management using virtualization and container orchestration tools such as OpenStack and Kubernetes.
- Experience designing deployment architecture for hardware such as: routers, load balancers, build pipelines, firewalls, and release pipelines.
- Experience in building and deploying sophisticated application in a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Experience in scripted provisioning and management of Certificates and experience in programmatic use of OIDC or OAuth tokens, SSK, AD, and SSO.
- Experience in creating, maintaining Docker recipes as source code artifacts or the equivalent using LXD's, LXC's, or VM's.
- Experience configuring SNMP based monitoring systems like Nagios, Solarwinds using APIs and scripts.
- Strong interest in developing exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills.
- Resilience in dealing with tough, sometimes ambiguous requirements.
- Takes ownership and accountability beyond individual deliverables.
- Eager and open to learning, a self-starter that needs minimal direction.
- Comfortable working in an open environment.
- Can politely & professionally challenge opposing viewpoints, but are flexible enough in your approach to see things from different angles.
- Desire ability to become ADP I or II certified Public Trust Access Level. Eligibility for ADP Clearance requires US Citizenship.
Minimum Physical Expectations:
- Physical activity that often requires keyboarding, sitting, phone work, and filing.
- Physical activity that often requires extensive time working on a computer.
- Physical activity may require lifting under 25 lbs.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires travel - car, train, and/or air.
- Physical activity that sometimes requires bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, kneeling, and/or
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone or face to face (in English) for long periods of time.
Minimum Environmental Expectations:
- This position will require working indoors. Typical workweek is eight (8) hour workdays, five (5) days per week with some weekend work, as well as longer hours as needed.
At Fast Switch, Our Purpose is Our People and Our Planet. We come to work each day and are reminded we are helping people find their success stories. Isn't that cool? Also, Doing the right thing is our mantra. We act responsibly, give back to the communities we serve, and have a little fun along the way.
We at Fast Switch have been doing this for 22 years. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused.
We've differentiated ourselves by being fast, flexible, creative and honest. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company. We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
Ranked '#1' supplier by over 50% of our customers nationally.
Ranked 'Top 3' supplier by over 75% of our customers nationally.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply
Amazon Web Services