Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drive elevated performance for the business and the customer. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams.
We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never, before. It's time to join this history making.
In this Sr. Software Engineer role within Enterprise Clinical Integration and Interoperability (ECII) team, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining various applications that supports HEDIS® / Stars. These applications help implement controls to cross-check the HEDIS® software and vendors to ensure completed chases are closed appropriately.
The ideal candidate has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to teach and mentor his or her peers. This individual has the ability to advise clients and to work as a key member of the delivery team. The role will require deep, hands-on technical skills in designing, developing and implementing.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
- Design and develop software applications and application components in an agile environment
- Work with geographically distributed teams, with ample opportunity to learn from and mentor teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will increase team velocity
- Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets or exceeds coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
- Flexibility to be on call and provide support as needed during on call.
- Anticipating issues and acting proactively to address potential issues
- Work with sometimes ambiguous / conceptual requirements and guide the technical team to provide functionality with the right amount of engineering
- Possess breadth of knowledge spanning all bodies of technologies, (e.g. databases, middleware, OS, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- Systems experience such as Azure DevOps / TFS
- 3+ years of experience with full stack web application development in .NET and ASP.NET MVC
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL Server
- 2+ years of REST or similar API development experience
- 1+ years of experience with automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration
- Agile delivery experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience on Cloud technologies with Azure
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Excellent communication and problem-solving experience
- Solid experience with enterprise application architecture and enterprise integration patterns
- Exposure to production support
- Experience delivering software using an Agile / Scrum methodology
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Software Engineer, Austin, TX, Texas, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home