Responsible for maintaining operational readiness, diagnosing faults, and with assistance/training perform complex and/or major mechanical/electrical/pneumatic/hydraulic repairs on portable, diesel, rental air compressors, generators, forklifts, and other related rental equipment at the shop and at customer's place of business.
* Possess the ability to be reliable, on time, dedicated, and honest. Someone that wants to make a difference serving customers and maintaining superior fleet readiness/appearance.
* Display a neat/clean personal appearance and take pride in maintaining the appearance of assigned service truck/ company supplied equipment.
* Accurately troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair most problems with all brands of portable diesel air compressors, generators, forklifts, and related rental equipment.
* Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance. Maintain shop/truck stock.
* Perform with assistance complex and/or major repairs on portable diesel rental air compressors, generators, forklifts, and related rental equipment; replace parts and equipment as necessary.
* Perform routine maintenance and setup of rental equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
* Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner with emphasis on recovering billable items and operational readiness.
* Adhere to LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) protocol.
* Plan and organize yard and field schedule and work method to complete assigned jobs.
* Assist Higher-level Technicians in completing work assignments as necessary.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to three years plus related
* Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
* The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing as well as electronically clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Experience using electrical testing devices such as Multimeter, Amp Meter, Temp Gun, and Service Tools.
Certificates & Licenses
* Air Compressor, Generator and/or Forklift manufacturer's certifications a plus, such as Atlas Copco, Multiquip, and/or Hyster-Taylor
* Forklift Operators License (Company Training/Licensing provided)
* Valid Driver's License and the ability to obtain/maintain Class A CDL (with restrictions) required.
* Will need to be willing to learn new/updated equipment as needed to repair and maintain any/all brands of Air Compressors, Generators and Forklifts. Electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic skills and knowledge required
* Must provide own hand tools to perform required job assignments to include electrical test tools.
Will be required to obtain/maintain a valid DOT Medical Card.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Construction Toolkits