To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Long Beach, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Process Engineer
Worley - Energy, Chemicals & Resources (ECR) • Long Beach, CA
Posted 1 day ago
At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design. Supervisory and administrative responsibility over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards. Responsibilities include assuring effective utilization of engineering personnel, and technical quality.
- Implements, modifies, and maintains chemical processes
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Models processes and units operations
- Ensures proper sequence of operation
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Develops process specifications, e.g. distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 15 years' of experience oil/gas, refinery experience
- Broad technical knowledge of engineering, and project execution required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- P.E. License preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.