- The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Client's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
Candidates will be doing:
- Client is seeking an energetic and skilled copywriter to join Client's talented in-house creative studio team on a contract basis.
- The Client Creative Studio is part of the Global Enterprise Marketing function within Global Marketing and Loyalty.
- The creative studio partners with cross-functional teams across the organization to build marketing platforms and consumer campaigns to drive consumer awareness, engagement, preference and loyalty with Client and Client’s 18 brands.
- Candidates will have a passion for developing and executing creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the Client’s portfolio brand identity, positioning and messaging through all brand areas (including print, web, social media, events, B2B and B2C marketing collateral, internal marketing, etc.), and effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic.
- Candidates will work alongside Client Creative Director, design, copy and account teams to conceive, develop and produce effective marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Candidates will craft creative strategies, concepts, messaging, headlines, slogans and body copy for OmniChannel campaigns.
- This position will also provide scriptwriting and internal communications pieces when necessary.
- The most common types of projects candidates can expect to work on are banner ads, emails, social content (planned stories, posts and also real-time), branding projects and large campaigns.
More specifically, candidates will:
As a contractor in this role, candidate will be responsible for:
- Proactively understanding and gaining knowledge of Client brands, target audiences and competitor activities.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to interpret and write creative briefs.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the Creative Director and Senior Designers.
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy through the various iterations of the project.
- Present and provide business rationale for creative ideas to Client internal stakeholders for approval and development.
- Evolve, revise or redevelop advertisements or campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative Director, or internal stakeholders.
- Use campaign performance data to understand the effectiveness of campaigns and apply key learnings to future camapigns
Client is looking for:
Client believes the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to work on multiple campaigns for various internal brand clients at once, often in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to inspire and sell creative rationale to senior management, and cross functional teams
- Staying up-to-date with popular culture and trends
- Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt
- Confidence, enthusiasm and determination
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Resilience with ability to accept criticism of your work
- Market awareness with the ability to understand the target audiences
- Collaboration, with ability to work in partnership with stakeholders across multiple functions
- Ability to form strong working relationships quickly
To fulfill this role successfully, candidates should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of professional work experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong copy editing skills
- Write excellent, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
- Excellent research skills
- Comfort working on a range of projects from short-form (like headlines) to longer-form (like brand positioning)
It would be helpful in this position for candidates to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Have an interest in popular culture, new trends and styles
- Experience working at a creative agency
- Experience in hospitality or consumer brands
- 5 plus years of copyediting and copywriting
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in English, Communication, Journalism or relative field
- Senior Writer Position.
- Same requirements/needs as past senior writer roles.
Comments for Suppliers:
- Reminder this is NOT a copy editor role.
- Client is looking for candidates with advertising copy experience.
- Copy samples are required for consideration.
- Client is not looking for authors or writers that have only longform samples.
- Think: short headlines, email subject line copy; social media copy; email copy; banner ad copy; help with establishing brand tone of voice/positioning; help with creative or content strategy.
- Advertising Campaigns
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring