CHENEGA INFINITY, LLC
Company Job Title:
Chenega Job Title:
Guard I (Unarmed Guard)
SCA WD Labor Category:
Non-Exempt, Part Time, Regular
Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.
Access Control personnel support the MDA Security and Emergency Management Directorate (DSS) in executing multiple Security Operations Services at MDA facilities in the United States.
- Carries out instructions primarily oriented toward insuring that emergencies and security violations are readily discovered and reported to appropriate authority. Intervenes directly only in situations which require minimal action to safeguard property or persons. Duties require minimal training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
- Control access to buildings and property, protect equipment and material, and perform interior and exterior facility security inspections as directed.
- Ensure visitors present a valid photo identification or passport, verifying their identity as part of the visitor access process.
- Assist with creation of temporary access badges for approved personnel who are accessing the MDA Site.
- Interpret magnetometers and X-Ray checks according to procedures to ensure security is not compromised.
- Escort on-site personnel to restricted areas.
- Respond and assist medical, fire department, law enforcement, and other personnel at the direction of supervisors.
- Respond to emergencies and perform CPR/AED/First Aid on an as needed basis.
- Assist to ensure all personnel who require a Common Access Card (CAC) meet the identification requirements before issuing the CAC.
- May assist with providing CACs to military, civilian, and contract government workers on an as needed basis.
- Coordinate with the Security Operation Center to ensure all functional and operational procedures are followed during special events.
- Develop and maintain attendance rosters and after action reports for special events as needed.
- Relay, by land line or radio, information to security team regarding security, medical, fire, and disaster details, via the monitoring station.
- Input data into an operation log on an hourly basis.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum six (6) months experience in badge administration
- Minimum six (6) months experience in common access card administration
- Minimum six (6) months experience in alarm monitoring
- Able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certified (100%), and trained in Red Cross First Aid
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site
- Speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material
- Be able to meet any Federal, State, or Municipal requirements to work as an Unarmed Security Officer
- Be able to meet drug testing and alcohol – free workforce requirements to include random drug and/or alcohol testing
- Possess or be eligible for certification of State security guard requirements and other certifications, as appropriate.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and Outlook.
- Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Basic character traits of honesty, courtesy, tact, cooperation, and professional bearing are important factors required of security guards.
- Good conduct and character, integrity, dependability, and good mental and physical fitness.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Intrusion Detection And Prevention