To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Belvoir, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Communications Engineer, Junior
Vencore • Fort Belvoir, VA
Posted 8 days ago
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This program will provide Product Director (PD) Army TENCAP with Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA). The PD Army TENCAP is chartered with the responsibility of executing the Army's Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) program. The primary objectives of this SETA effort are to assist PD Army TENCAP staff in the areas of facilitating exploitation of intelligence information and capabilities from national and theater systems to support Army tactical commanders. This includes support to Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) to maintain connections to national and theater systems; prototype development and transition of technology into Army systems; and acquisition of equipment as directed by the TENCAP General Officer Steering Group (TGOSG) and Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics & Technology) [ASA(ALT]. PD Army TENCAP also provides systems engineering and logistics support to projects assigned to the Program Manager for Distributed Common Ground System - Army (PM DCGS-A).
The Communications Engineer will support the Engineering Manager's execution functions to include:
- Provide assessments and evaluations on performance and feasibility of SATCOM, Terrestrial, and Mobile components of current and proposed Army TENCAP systems and architectures, including identification of performance, cost, and schedule risk, preparation of recommendations for consideration by PD Army TENCAP.
- Provide technical expertise to Army representatives during forums with external organizations concerning employment, acquisition, and development of communication systems.
- Prepare decision justification materials, prepare design studies to identify and address program/project capability gaps, prepare analysis of alternatives and recommendations for decision, and prepare study results for presentation to leadership.
- Help develop a Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) which addresses the contractor's overall systems engineering management approach and provides standards, capability models, and configuration management for TENCAP projects.
- Review and comment on the accuracy and completeness of documentation used to justify government objectives or requirements.
- Assess Intelligence Community products against Army POR threshold and objective requirements.
- Participate in and provide recommendation for acceptance or rejection of program reviews to include Software Specification Reviews (SSR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- TS/SCI Clearance
- BS in an engineering, engineering science, physical science, or mathematical science discipline
- Minimum of two years in a communications engineering position supporting DoD programs/projects