Attention Nashville CPA professionals! Looking for an exciting, strategic career in Fintech?
Senior Accountant, CPA | Financial Services | Nashville, TN
CSI Financial is actively interviewing Senior Accountants who have an active CPA designation for an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Fintech companies in Nashville! Our client is located in the heart of downtown.
Environment is positive and high energy with a modern open-office concept. They offer onsite catering options for lunch, promote health and wellness (trainer & gym onsite) and coffee bar!
This person will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting and working closely under the leadership of the CFO.
Mission and Values of our Client
Our client's mission is to continue to be a leading retailer of financial services in the communities they serve. They believe servant leadership starts with building confidence and promoting health and wellness for their team members.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for assisting in preparation of financial statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Accounting. The Senior Accountant will manage the workflow of the accounting staff. The Senior Accountant will provide the Senior Manager of Accounting, Director of Accounting, Finance Teams, and CFO with assistance on all financial-related tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Responsible for assigned entities include transactional review, journals, variance analysis and reconciliations.
- Manage journal entries, invoices, and reconciliations for the monthly or annual closing.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Establish internal control system to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Perform and/or oversee weekly, monthly and year end accrual and closing process.
- Prepare and/or review account reconciliations and analyses; monitor budget to actual variances.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audit schedules and respond to inquiries for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in annual budget process.
- Judge what a material difference is and communicate that with peers and management.
- Audit and report variances having a direct impact to the business to management.
- Keep up to date on compliance with state and federal laws and license renewals, abandoned property, sales and use tax filings and 1099 reporting.
- Four year college degree in Accounting or Business required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- CPA Required
- Experience with Netsuite software preferred
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Must be an effective communicator with both peers and management
- A thorough understanding of our business model, and be able to perform complex reconciliations and make business decisions based on numerous factors
- The ability to be able to work independently, but be able to communicate and ask for information from peers
- Analytical and organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail are required
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks, duties, responsibilities and shifting timelines while meeting deadlines
- Understanding of the financial business operations, budgeting and planning processes
How to Directly Apply: Qualified Senior Accountants with an active CPA should send all the following to Tina Baker at Email blocked - click to apply. Complete applicant submissions will take priority.
- Telephone number
- Email Address
- Best times of availability for phone calls (include time zones)
- CPA completion date
- Education (completed & pending)
- Current location (include zip code)