Business Development Manager – Manufacturing/FacilitiesFunctional Role Description:
The Business Development Manager (BDM) develops and coordinates business opportunities in the manufacturing or facilities industries through continuous professional contact with existing and/or new clientele. The primary BD responsibility is to target and develop new clients. The BDM determines client long-range capital expenditure budgets and the corresponding need for engineering, design and construction management services. The BDM understands Middough’s capabilities and applies this knowledge to identify, develop and expand our client base in existing industries. Essential Functions:
- Develops and implements regional strategic marketing plans, business objectives and relationship activities.
- Develops formal client strategies and plans.
- Manages the pipeline for the region and associated offices.
- Conducts financial and contract review of prospective projects and regional business activities to ensure adherence to financial and risk objectives of the business. Leads contract negotiations.
- Contacts and develops relationships with potential clients as identified in the strategic plan.
- Makes direct contact with leads, prospects, prospective clients, influencers, and coordinates the activities of others, thus leading a well-organized Middough approach including the development of pertinent materials and information required to complete business development activities.
- Solicits qualified bid and proposal opportunities based on focused and targeted plan.
- Seeks client and location development as outlined by the annual target client list.
- Coordinates the development of presentations, SOQs and proposals in concert and cooperation with operations and Major Project Group staff and senior management.
- Maintains records of all target client BD activity including contacts, communication, and results.
- Participates in client entertainment activities, as required.
- Participates in developing “win” strategies for specific opportunities.
- Promotes Middough’s profile by participating in relevant industry associations, conferences, and other forums
Skills and Qualifications:
- Identify and help develop strategic collaborations with firms offering complementary services to target market segments and/or clients
- Define required project delivery models for target market segments and clients and collaborate with operations and major projects team members to develop such models
- 15+ years of experience of performing and/or selling A/E, AEPCM and DB projects with fees in excess of $1 MM
- Possesses significant knowledge of and a well-established network in the manufacturing or facilities industries
- Significant understanding of engineering, architecture, construction management and related service
- Ultimately possesses extensive knowledge of the company’s strategy, philosophy and policies
- Performs complex assignments requiring independent decision making capability
- Experience managing the financial, contract, risk management, and technical development of projects
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Architecture, Business, or Construction Management
- Strong negotiation, organization, communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
Middough Inc. does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e. H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
- The job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require occasional overnight travel to a Client’s office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload dictates. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
Middough Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of diversity and actively recruits minority, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Proposal (Business)
- Business Development