Under direct supervision of the maintenance foreman and mine foreman, is responsible for general electrical maintenance, troubleshooting, installation and repair. General Working Conditions:
Works in an underground mine where temperatures range from 78° to 100°F. Work areas are generally dry. Lighting is provided in certain areas, however most lighting is by cap lamp and/or equipment lighting. Uneven floor conditions exist and floor may become polished resulting in slippery footing. Work must be around equipment and machinery that maybe in motion. Position requires that attention be paid to roof and rib conditions.
- Requires sound knowledge of heavy industrial/mining electrical maintenance practices.
- Knowledgeable in 480V 3-phase and 4160V 3-phase motor control center troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
- Capable of reading schematics, calculating wire size and motor horsepower requirements for new installations.
- Familiar with solid state, soft start, and PLC controls.
- Must be capable of lifting 65# on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to see clearly with only cap lamp or equipment lighting.
- Must be able to walk over terrain varying from soft to hard as well as slick and uneven.
- Fill out inspection sheets, timecards and other reports properly.
- Requires mounting and dismounting mobile and stationary equipment many times per day.
- May be required to do minor welding and burning.
- Assist mechanics in equipment repairs as directed.
- May do greasing, cleaning, and inspecting as directed.
- Must be able to train other employees in safe job procedures of an electrician.
- Performs other work as directed by maintenance foreman. *CB
Complex Problem Solving
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2019-2297
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Morton Salt Inc., a K+S Group company, employs nearly 3,000 people in offices, warehouses, and production facilities throughout the United States, Canada, and the Bahamas. The Salt Group is the name used to describe the combination of Morton Salt, The Canadian Salt Company, Limited, and Morton Bahamas, Limited. A career with Morton Salt means being part of an American tradition. Add some spice to your future. Begin a career with Morton Salt.
View the full profile