GAF is seeking an ambitious Supply Planner with substantial growth potential, strong analytical capabilities, a strategic mindset, and effective communication skills to join the Retail Supply Chain Planning Team. GAF is seeking a candidate who will advance organizational integration and pursue an agile approach to problem-solving.
The Supply Planner will be responsible for managing the inventory and supply planning components for our Retail Customers. This includes ensuring sufficient inventory levels across our GAF network and executing timely inventory replenishment to our Retail Customers. Additionally, the Planner will be managing inventory- related exceptions and the relationship among our Retail Customers' warehouse and corporate inventory teams. The position will work cross-functionally with Corporate Supply Planners, Plant Logistics, Corporate Inventory Accounting, Customer Care, Transportation, Sales, and Marketing on strategic planning and issue resolution.
The Planner will be expected to fully understand the Supply Chain Metrics he/she influences and take action to drive improvement toward the metrics.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
35% - Effectively manage the inventory levels for our Retail Customers to avoid an out-of-stock situation in their distribution centers and stores. This includes the creation of weekly plans and overseeing their execution. Collaborate with Supply Planners, Transportation Planners, and our Retail Customers' Corporate Inventory and Distribution Center Team.
25% - Manage end-to-end service levels to ensure the highest level of service is maintained in the region Planner will manage. This includes leading issue resolutions by pulling together required key team members.
15% - Maintain a collaborative working relationship with key internal and external partners.
10% - Maintain and manage inventory transactions and settings across planning systems.
10% - Participate in and often lead key projects. Meet project deadlines, provide updates, develop recommendations and look for opportunities to improve GAF’s overall operations network.
5% - Perform other assigned duties.
• BA/BS/BE Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, or Business
- 2 or more years of related experience in a Supply Chain/Logistics or high volume manufacturing, distribution, production planning environment.
- APICS certification desirable
- Familiarity w/Organizational Agility concepts desired
• Intermediate level knowledge of Planning and Inventory Management Systems
• Advanced Proficiency in Excel and Google Suites
• Knowledge of business intelligence software a plus
General Knowledge /Skills
• Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and handle multi projects simultaneously.
• Intermediate level planning skills.