Manages recruitment, training, on-going education, and assignments for Hospice Volunteers according to regulatory and state guidelines. Tracks, evaluates and reports Hospice Volunteer hours and jobs performed to Administrator at specified intervals. Develops and participates in community outreach and education projects. Deaconess Hospice ,
a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Directs and documents an on-going recruiting effort to increase volunteer participation.
- Plans, conducts, and maintains records for volunteer training classes.
- Screens all potential volunteers
- Assures that the program meets the standards set by regulatory or certification bodies regarding the participation of volunteers.
- Participates in the QAPI program and processes.
- Assigns volunteers to appropriate activities.
- Monitors reports from the volunteers and brings urgent items to the attention of the appropriate supervisor.
- Provides direction for the solving of problems involving volunteers.
- Submits timely reports to the Director of Patient Services regarding volunteer activities and levels of participation.
- Submits timely reports to the Administrator and Director of Clinical services regarding volunteer activities and levels of participation assuring compliance of 5% regulatory volunteer participation hours.
- Maintains personnel file, completes assigned competencies through LHC Connect and attends in-services if applicable.
- Designs and implements on-going continuing education programs for volunteers.
- Directs, screens and coordinates services or items donated from the community.
- Designs volunteer appreciation activities or programs.
- Participates in planning and coordinating hospice presentations to community groups.
- Serves on committees and task forces as requested by the Director of Clinical Services or Administrator.
- Administers annual evaluations to Hospice Volunteers
- Functions as a preceptor for new hires
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience in working with people
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Current CPR certified, driver's license, valid vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle, or public transportation.