To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD 20814
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Bethesda, MD
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Bethesda, Maryland (MD) is seeking a Senior Accountant. Sumamry: The Senior Accountant assists in the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements and supporting analysis needed by stakeholders to effectively manage the business and support critical business decisions. This person will complete special projects, deliver high-quality results and customer service to various levels of management. Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of supporting schedules for internal and external reporting and BOD requirements, ensuring conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Record monthly journal entries, perform bank account reconciliations and general ledger account reconciliations in support of internal control procedures
- Prepare monthly/quarterly joint venture financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness in reporting
- Prepare detailed and well-documented year-end and preliminary audit schedules (PBCs) and footnote disclosures for joint ventures, CCG's subsidiaries and CCG's consolidated financial statements, as required
- Assist in the documentation of accounting processes to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) reporting
- Process weekly inter-company settlements and prepare monthly inter-company billings, as well as facilitate communication with related parties to ensure billings are settled in a timely manner
- Complete special projects assignments and perform other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required; CPA or candidate preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Solid knowledge of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and under pressure
- Supports, manages and initiates change within the organization
- Problem solving, analytical professional
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office; specifically Excel and Word.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and integrity; positive attitude, flexible
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects, while meeting required goals and deadlines