Plant EH&S Manager – Corsicana, TX
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
THE IDEAL EH&S LEADER WILL:
- Be capable of driving change across the Pactiv Corsicana location
- Have a passion for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction
- Be capable of facilitating and sponsoring employee led teams that solve problems and lead the campus to World Class Safety
- Be capable of aligning the local team and influencing others to achieve the desired EH&S performance objectives
Performs a variety of EH&S Tasks including but not limited to: Leading the local OSHA and EPA Compliance activities, Managing Work Comp Claims with our Third-Party Administrator, Initiating, driving, and managing key injury prevention activities, collaborating with others, Engaging associates, and Monitoring and managing our leading and lagging indicators.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements, these activities include but are not limited to Safe Operating Procedures, Lockout/Tagout, Hearing Conservation, Fall Prevention/Protection, and Powered Industrial Trucks
- Administers environmental compliance activities including but not limited to: tracking, reporting, scheduling, and sampling as necessary.
- Maintains effective relationships with external parties such as: regulatory agencies/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Conducts routine audits and inspections of our environmental procedures and controls. Recommends and facilitates corrective actions to maintain the effectiveness of the procedures and controls.
- BS degree, preferably in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental related discipline and 7+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of Air Permits, SPCC and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Programs, and Waste Management. Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operate 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to work at other locations that may include overnight travel on occasion.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Plant EHS Manager
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Hearing Conservation Programs
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)