To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, PA
- Vaco Philadelphia
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT System Administrator
Vaco Technology • Lancaster, PA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for the oversight, administration, and support of servers and infrastructure for department and non enterprise applications. Manages application servers, operating systems, and associated processes to ensure availability and performance. This is a technical role that includes system design, security, troubleshooting and ongoing system management responsibilities. Assumes ownership of the technical implementation for assigned applications and ensuring they are proactively maintained. Requires the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non technical individuals at various levels. Knowledgeable regarding IT policy and procedures, server and networking technologies and IT security best practices.
- Accountable for the technical implementation and ongoing management of assigned systems. Supporting, upgrading and troubleshooting existing departmental applications and servers. Monitoring and evaluating system performance through tools and analysis. Maintaining and securing database systems with an emphasis on SQL server management. Ensuring system and application versions are kept current through planned patching and upgrades. Documenting solutions, system architecture, configurations and procedures. Review problems and proactively escalate issues for resolution while understanding the major impacts to technical and business related areas. Provide recommendations and research solutions that can be quickly implemented to correct problems. Acting as the technical liaison with supported third party vendors. Responsible for Change Management impact, risk analysis, communication and documentation of changes to assigned systems. Work closely with other Information Technology teams and business partners in managing day to day issues and identifying process improvement opportunities. Supporting Tier Information Technology resources in more complex application specific issues. Participating in the documentation and validation of system disaster recovery plans. Work multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Project Management and Support. Working with other Information Technology staff to manage and support technology projects. Working with business unit managers and vendors to select and develop new or enhance existing business applications. Providing technical resource estimates to project stakeholders. Responsible for design recommendations and compiling associated hardware and software costs for new systems. Coordinating the technical installation, deployment and onboarding of new applications.
- Receiving assignments from manager in the form of projects and tasks with general objectives defined. Keeping manager advised of progress of all projects on a timely basis. Participating in team meetings and technical committees. Performing other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor Degree or the equivalent experience. Specialty: Business administration, computer science, information science, or a related field. (Required)
- 3 or more years experience administering cloud-based applications/services
- 3 or more years Experience supporting integrations with multiple cloud services
- Proven experience with release management (deploying code promotions between application environments)
- Working knowledge of web server applications (IIS, Tomcat)
- Working knowledge of SQL server installation, configuration and maintenance
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery strategies
- Experience working in a DevOps environment (CI/CD, automated testing, etc.)
- Experience administering Salesforce based applications
- Experience administering Dell Boomi iPaaS platform
- Experience integrating with identity management platforms like Okta
- Working knowledge of Microsoft TFS, SharePoint, PowerBI, O365
- PowerShell scripting expertise