Be a part of something powerful at America's premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That's why we're looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation's largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities; Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it's powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees' futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provides operational, technical, and financial analysis and support for the organization to achieve top quartile performance. Supports the organization's goal of safely constructing and maintaining the company's electrical / gas distribution system, by driving continuous improvement in the areas of productivity, financial responsibility, and customer satisfaction. Assure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Develop and maintain an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion, accountability and fosters teamwork. Establish, promote and maintain a safe work environment. Specific to ComEd External Affairs, Large Customer Services, State Legislative and Government Affairs Implements strategy and provides support for the organization to achieve top quartile performance. Supports the organization's goals by driving continuous improvement in the areas of productivity, financial responsibility, and customer satisfaction. Assure the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Develop and maintain an environment that promotes diversity and inclusion, accountability and fosters teamwork. Establish, promote and maintain a safe work environment. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Duties Specific to ComEd External Affairs, Large Customer Services, State Legislative and Government Affairs
- Interact with various internal organizations and regional groups in areas such as data analysis, development of Greenboard, Annual Reports, Load Shed Plans and other Franchise required reports, etc. (20%)
- Support executives with corporate initiatives including business continuity planning (BCP) coordinator, Summer/Winter Preparedness coordinator, Management Model, Website management, Safety, etc. (20%)
- Develop and implement strategies, plans, procedures, process improvements, and/or perform analyses that are directly related to the achievement of specific performance objectives or business plans for the organization. This includes identifying the proper resources, tool, technologies, and performance metrics to support proper execution and completion of organization initiatives. (20%)
- Track and implement focused initiatives and specific metrics - specific focus expected on workforce productivity. (20%)
- Manage or coordinate with others who perform functions that support the organization. The functions include: facilitation of high level meetings for ComEd/PECO leadership, conduct Root Cause/Ace investigations, financial monitoring and reporting for ComEd/PECO, Business Plan development and monitoring, etc. (20%)
- Responsible for the continuous assessment of specific productivity metrics and corrective maintenance task recovery plans. Develop strategies to conduct work in an effective manner that may be associated with an emergent plan or core work activities. Monitors and performs gap analysis on the planning, implementation and execution of corrective / preventative maintenance work. Support the manager in the management/monitoring of the operating budget and specific metrics. Recommend and coordinate actions and/or projects that will have a direct impact on cost savings, reliability, and/or customer satisfaction goals. Operates autonomously with wide latitude for decision-making and actions. Expectation is to make key decisions affecting the performance reporting, savings tracking, and field activities. The position is highly visible and the ability to influence and build relationships across the organization, into the work force, and among the leadership team is critical. Ability to manage small team.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Marketing, Finance or related discipline of in lieu of a degree, extensive (15+) years of relevant business experience
- At least 8 years of relevant industry experience (e.g., leading and managing personnel in the development and execution of initiatives, plans and/or projects, financial planning, budgeting, and analysis)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems, identify root causes/barriers to success, recommended alternative courses of action and implement intervention strategies
- Demonstrated skills in designing and developing effective presentations
- Demonstrated skills in establishing objectives and achieving results
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Management skills including decisiveness, judgment, negotiation, motivation, and innovation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including new technology
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value
- Highly motivated, self-starter
- Graduate degree or Graduate Level work in Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or related field.
- Previous relevant Energy Delivery experience (e.g., Construction and Maintenance, Operations, Energy & Marketing Services)
- Working knowledge of Passport, Hyperion, OMS, Microsoft Software platforms (Excel, Powerpoint, Word ,etc.), and Artemis.
- Business Administration
- Business Continuity Planning
- Commercial Awareness