You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
REMOTE POSITION: Customer Engineering Project Engineer
This Project Engineer position is a broad role where the engineer is tasked with implementing cryogenic and industrial gas delivery system projects for customers. This position will require periodic travel to customer sites in the Midwest. Additional travel will be required to other regional or national locations for training during the first 6-12 months in the position.
This role will provide technical bid support in the form of understanding customer system/design requirements and developing technical proposals and estimates for the Commercial Sales team. If is awarded the contract, the successful candidate will be responsible for final system design and to act as the overall project manager for the installation of the equipment.
This role will work closely with the Engineering Manager while receiving in-house training and guidance from a variety of team members. Communication and technical skills are paramount as there are many interfaces both internal and external to and with technical and non-technical personnel. This challenging position offers an excellent opportunity for career development, practical engineering and project management experience.
- Design and lead new customer station installations or modifications to existing systems from the proposal phase through implementation.
- Drive safety performance and participate in Basic Safety Program.
- Provide engineering support to customers, sales personnel, and the Customer Engineering Maintenance organization.
- Provide Sale of Equipment and engineering services to customers.
- Prepare scope of work documents detailing system design criteria and customer versus installation roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct site evaluations for Liquid Oxygen, Bulk Hydrogen, Liquid Hydrogen, and Carbon Monoxide systems to ensure compliance with NFPA and local regulations.
- Generate installation cost estimates, bills of materials/design specifications, and detailed equipment layout, foundation, and flow schematic drawings.
- Prepare construction packages containing system details and drawings, budgetary information, safety checklists, and other installation requirements.
- Complete project closeout activities, including actual vs. budget cost justification, drawing as-builds, and design audits.
- Participation in Regional Alignment teams to identify continuous improvement opportunities with a focus to serve customers more efficiently and effectively.
- Provide guidance to Product Supply Teams regarding equipment design and performance.
- Follow all internal work processes for safety, engineering, project management, and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering - Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degrees strongly preferred
- Self-directed, self-motivated and able to work independently without daily face to face interaction with direct manager
- Demonstrated project management and leadership skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills for all Microsoft programs and drafting
- Ability to travel 20% to customer sites in the Midwest
- Business Process Improvement
- Business To Business
- Career Development
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: BBBH193522
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.