Why YOU want this position
Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient, and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
Do you love building and creating interactive experiences on the web? Do you like to explore new tools and creating features to make previously hard things easy? As Senior Software Developer, you get to participate and influence the design, implementation, and roll-out of cutting-edge components in dynamic single-page applications. Join us on our journey as a member of Enverus’s development team in one of Calgary, AB, Denver, CO, Austin, TX, Conshohocken, PA offices, or remote.
This opening is for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team, working full time on a long-term project for a big player in the Oil & Gas Financials industry. You will join a team distributed between Austin and Denver. You will be working on a Python (Django) back-end and a React SPA front-end.
Things We Value Most
- Egoless culture - We recognize as an organization that the work we are doing cannot be accomplished by a single individual. As such we value tremendously everyone’s inputs at all levels. As one team, we strive to find the right balance between providing elegant solutions and time to market.
- Job Knowledge - We support your professional growth as well as encourage you to share your knowledge within the organization.
- Quality of Work - You care about what you do.
- Customer Centric - always Keeping external and internal customers in mind, constantly thinking “How will this affect customers I work with?”
- Communication - Not only accurately communicating a message but being an active listener. This is key to our team-oriented environment.
- Respect - We believe respect is the basis of all relationships both inside and out.
- Reliability - Be someone your team can rely on to finish what you start.
- Integrity - Be honest and ethical in all your relationships and decisions.
- Collaboration and Teamwork - Champion an environment that supports effective teamwork by earning the trust and respect of those around you.
- Develop, maintain and enhance a REST API written in Django and a React web app
- Write unit tests and keep a good level of test coverage
- Use continuous integration tools (Jenkins, GitLab’s pipelines) to build and distribute the code
- Translate requirements into high quality and efficient code
- Implement designs/mockups into reusable React components
- Be part of regular meetings following an agile methodology (daily stand ups, weekly story reviews, retrospectives, demos, etc)
Competitive Candidate Profile
- 5+ years of development experience preferred
- REST API patterns and best practices
- Django (or Flask) patterns and best practices
- React patterns and best practices
- Use of Webpack for bundling web apps.
- Experience with UX patterns and cross platform optimization for tablets and phones
- High Git skills
- Agile Software Development
- Python (Programming Language)
- Flask (Web Framework)