PT Travel ConsultantCompensation:
$12.00 to $15.00 hourly
Concierges are responsible for being the point of contact for hotel guests who seek guidance and assistance during their stay. Their duties are related to arranging special events, making reservations, and helping tourists by giving information about different aspects of the hotel rules and points of interest close to this building. They may work at resorts, luxurious complexes, spas, hotels, among other places.
Concierges usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Understanding people´s needs.
• Maintaining confidentiality of any information of guests.
• Making arrangements for dinners.
• Handling mails of guests.
• Acting as a guide in local tourist maps.
Consultants must have extensive knowledge on a number of areas. This includes:
• Weather and climate
• Local and international geography
• Customs regulations
• Airline policies
• Travel documentation including visas, and passports
• Health and vaccinations
• Currency and exchange rates
• Travel advisories
Most of the knowledge and skills required to perform competently in this job is learned with hands on training. However pursuing a Business, Foreign Language, Hospitality or Tourism Bachelors or Masters Degree is always helpful. Employers will look at candidates with these qualifications more favorably.
Expertise in the following areas is an asset:
• Being bilingual or multilingual
• Being computer literate
• Being organized
• Being detail oriented and punctual
• Being a good listener
• Being flexible and able to manage different work shifts
• Being socially aware
• Communicating effectively in the written and oral form
• Handling administrative responsibilities
• Providing excellent customer service
• Time management
• People management
• Managing interpersonal relationships
OfficeTeam is the world's leader in professional staffing for office support jobs, focusing exclusively on the temporary and temporary-to-full-time placement of professionals in the administrative field. We are faster at finding you work because of the depth of our client network. Specifically, our professional staffing managers connect with thousands of hiring managers in North America every week to find your office support job opportunities. We evaluate all of our OfficeTeam temporaries' skills and match them with the needs of top employers in their area.
Apply for this job now or contact us today at 888.490.4154 for additional information.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 OfficeTeam. A Robert Half Company. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Professional Customer Services