Responsible for developing international trade business, principally documentary and payments services but also loans. The position is principally evaluated on the basis of new business, but a portion of time is spent with existing relationships. An important part of this work consists of educating and cultivating M&T relationship managers, business bankers, and group managers on our trade products. In addition, this position has responsibilities to support and promote the SBA and Ex-Im Bank Working Capital guarantee programs.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Responsible for generating new International Trade Finance Sales to include Letters of Credit, Documentary Collection, Working Capital Guarantee and Foreign Exchange
- Call on prospective clients to develop new ITF business. Meet with existing clients to expand business relationships and ensure the proper servicing of clients.
- Prepare ITF sales presentations and proposals, explaining the various services offered and identifying the Bank services that would benefit the customer.
- Work with Relationship Managers to market ITF services, keeping them abreast of ITF sales activities and referrals.
- Participate in the pricing of ITF services.
- Assist ITF Manager in executing sales strategies to meet departmental goals.
- Develop strong partnerships with business lines supported through regular meetings and training. Provide updates to SBU Managers.
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Import Bank working capital guarantee program from administration of existing relationships to identifying and preparing new deals and conducting annual Ex-Im Bank audits.
- This position requires 35-45% travel.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in accounting.
- International Trade Finance work experience.
- Formal credit training or experience.
- Previous customer relationship management experience.
- Working knowledge of the Export Import Bank Working Capital Guarantee program.
Provide Financial Support
Provide Consultative Advice
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R04138
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
M&T Bank is a multi-state community-focused bank serving New York, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Virginia, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Founded in 1856, M&T Bank provides banking, investment, insurance and mortgage financial services to consumer, business and government clients.
- One of the 20 largest U.S.-based commercial banks
- $123 billion in assets as of December 31, 2015
- 3.8 million customers
- 17,000+ team members
- 800+ domestic full-service branches
- 1,600+ ATMs
- Online banking (mtb.com) and mobile devices
We’re headquartered in Buffalo NY, and we are organized around 17 community bank regions lead by local regional presidents. This means decisions about loans and community activities are made locally, by the people in the bank who know the community best.
Of the largest 100 banks operating in 1983, only 23 remain today. Among the remaining, M&T ranks 1st in stock price growth.
M&T has been profitable for 158 consecutive quarters—more than 39 straight years.
View the full profile