Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transportation Design Project Manager to support our Fresno, CA office. We have several projects ready to go within our Transportation Division.
- Assist other senior staff and managers with the internal management of technical tasks.
- Provides technical mentoring and development to more junior staff.
- Independently evaluates, selects and adapts standard engineering practices and applies them to engineering design work.
- Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach and for executing the delivery of the design through all phases of work. .
- Prepares design computations; quantity estimates; and costs of material, equipment and labor.
- Analyzes, prepares or modifies reports, maps, drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Responsible for timely completion of complete project construction documents suitable for public bidding.
- Reviews, signs and seals drawings, specifications, reports, and other documentation prepared under own professional license.
- Develops project management skillset & business development acumen.
- Conduct specific investigations and assignments.
- Pursue professional development opportunities.
- Recommend improvements and innovations.
- Completes project work plan development and execution.
- Assists with client contacts and communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings.
- Tracks project schedule, budget and costs to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree considered a plus.
- Registered Civil Engineer in the State of California. Registrations in other states or countries a plus.
- 9+ years of experience with solid technical knowledge and skills across the transportation industry, including a strong background in digital design.
- Demonstrated portfolio of transportation & site development projects across California.
- Strong foundation across multiple software design platforms – including AutoCAD, Civil 3D & Microstation. Traffic modelling/software experience considered a plus.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
- Civil Engineering
- Project Management
- Coaching And Mentoring