To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Asbury Park, NJ 07712
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Medical Biller / Collector
Kforce Finance and Accounting • Asbury Park, NJ
Posted 18 days ago
$14.00 - $18.00 /Hour
Healthcare - Health Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in Asbury Park, New Jersey (NJ) that is immediately seeking 30 Medical Biller/Collectors on a temp-to-hire basis. This company is looking to move quickly and set up client interviews over the next 2 weeks.
- Responsible for day-to-day tasks associated with A/R medical billing claims
- Identify and resolve customer and patient billing issues
- Review accounts regularly for insurance or patient follow up
- Perform various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers, etc.
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Maintain strict confidentiality, adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- 1+ years of experience with Healthcare Collections and Commercial Insurances (BCBS, Humana, and Aetna)
- 1+ years of experience in various billing/front office roles with expanding responsibilities and career progression
- At least 1 year of accounts receivable experience within a medical billing environment
- Prior customer support experience is highly preferred
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to a broad variety of stakeholders
- Impeccable professional reputation with high degree of energy, integrity, and positive spirit
- Personable and easy going
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: FAPND1679016
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.