We are seeking a talented scientist to join our efforts in the discovery of novel small molecule and protein therapeutics for veterinary medicine applications. The successful candidate should have an interest in veterinary applications and have hands-on experience with performing biospecimen tracking, processing, and testing including use of automation equipment. This job will require an independent thinker with the ability to innovate from the bench and efficiently collaborate with other team members within one's own line as well as the project team. Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential. This position will not have any direct reports and will not require any significant travel. Scientists with a keen interest in Veterinary Medicine and proven research ability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services, LLC, is a nationally recognized laboratory and we are searching for a Laboratory Automation and Programming Specialist to support our Professional Scientific Staffing group in Kalamazoo, MI. As our Laboratory Automation and Programming Specialist your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience with sample handling including small molecule compounds (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating) and biospecimens (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating of plasma, serum, urine, etc.)
- Experience with basic programming and use of automation equipment (Hamilton Liquid Handling Systems, Agilent Bravo, Scinomix Tube Labeler, Hamilton TekCel, Agilent BioCel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MS Excel and/or SQL/relational databases for data management and analysis
- Experience working in a GLP environment
- Independent thinker with the ability to innovate within one's own project and efficiently collaborate with other team members
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and be self-motivated, adaptable, and a possess a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs regularly
- Work in a BSL-2 environment
- Bachelor's degree in biology, cell biology, biochemistry, chemistry, computer-science or other related degree concentration, or equivalent directly-related experience (two years of directly-related industry experience is equivalent to one full-time year of college in related major)
- Experience with sample handling including small molecule compounds (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating of compounds in DMSO or other solvents) and biospecimens (preparation, dilution, transfer, plating of plasma, serum, urine, etc.)
- Expertise with Excel and/or SQL/relational databases for data management and analysis
- Experience with basic programming/use of laboratory automation, especially liquid handlers
- Experience working in a GLP environment
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
This position is full - time, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Kalamazoo, Michigan are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including:
More information about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services, LLC :
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage (with three different plans to choose from)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401 (k) with a company vesting match of up to 50% of a 6% contribution
- 10 paid holidays per calendar year, two of which are considered floating holidays
- 15 days of Paid Time Off, these are prorated and given up front based on a start date and could be used upon starting
- Flexible scheduling, which allows for the ideal work/life balance
Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2.5 billion in annual revenues and 27,000 employees across 310 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
To learn more about Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Attention To Detail