To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Janesville, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Grainger • Janesville, WI
Posted 1 month ago
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
To provide management with essential information covering all collection activities for Corporate, Commercial, Government and/or International customers. This involves continuous investigation and research designed to assist in formulating credit and collection objectives, policies, plans and programs to ensure the following:
- Continued sales growth and profitability
- Positive contributions to economic earnings and increase shareholder wealth
- Alignment to meet emerging business needs
- Customer focus in tandem with marketing, sales and operations
- Opportunities for growth, development, and advancement for Collection team members.
Mitigate fraud and chargeback losses through the management of internal team members and/or Accertify (third party vendor) resources. Ensure fraud trends are identified and mitigated promptly.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the administration of collections for national collection efforts of collection centers for Corporate, Commercial, Government, and/or International customers to insure compliance with approved collection policy and procedural guidelines.
- Develop and formulate collection policies, procedures, and goals for collecting past due invoices.
- Identify and evaluate system and process enhancements to increase productivity and efficiency within the collection centers to maximize collections and lower costs.
- Management of a $325M in accounts receivables minimizing the Company’s potential for bad debt write offs.
- Manage and Maintain responsibility for applying the company’s credit and collections policies, practices, and procedures for a designated number of accounts.
- Formulate and manage plans and maintain a program for systematic follow up and collection of past due receivables placed for collection.
- Approves accounts for compromise settlements, partial payments, time extensions and write offs.
- Create, update, and revise departmental collection polices.
- Consults with appropriate credit, sales and branch personnel on particularly complex collection issues requiring assistance or unusual action.
- Create and implement innovative projects in an effort to continuously improve business practices.
- Prepares and submits periodic operating reports to management on the status of collections.
- Provide leadership and direction to direct reports by offering constructive feedback to help develop staff into a high performing team
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or comparable work experience
- Minimum 5-8 years management/supervisory experience in a commercial collection environment
- Knowledge of SAP’s Accounts Receivable systems preferred
- Knowledge of commercial collection and bankruptcy laws
- Able to use all Microsoft programs (word, excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated Ability to effectively communicate and work with various levels of management both internally and externally
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Have the ability to develop and promote teamwork
- Have the ability to recognize, motivate and develop others
- Bilingual language skills preferred for International Collections.
- 10% travel is required for customer visits to resolve non-payment barriers
- Office environment includes using SAP’s FSCM and Accounts Receivable systems
- The effective management of the accounts receivable portfolio ($325M), achieved through proper staffing, prudent control and good judgment, will result in a continued growth of economic earnings.
- By managing DSO to acceptable levels this will reduce our outstanding accounts receivable and increase the Company’s cash flow.
- One day of DSO reduction equates to $22M in realized cash for the company.
- The continued proper management of these accounts is essential to lowering the DSO, timely credit reviews, prompt collection procedures, and the continued satisfaction of our customers through the services we provide
- Prudent control and good judgment is required to optimize sales to some 2.5M potential accounts. If the collection procedures are not adequately done the result will be an increase in bad debt losses. Initial and immediate customer hierarchy investigation will reduce customer payment exceptions.
- Reports to the Director, North American Collections
- May manage a direct staff of up to 5 Supv, Collections and indirectly 50 NEX team members
- Operational relationships with the Credit, Legal, Accounts Receivable, Sales, Loss Prevention and other departments, along with external agencies and attorneys.
- Manage a centralized staff up to 55 employees. Staff may include management and hourly personnel.
- Manage an operating budget of $2.5M
- Assist with the management of the company’s DSO plan.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.