All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- *$15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evenings, 1p-1a, Weekend Rotation Required
Location: 2450 N Orange Blossom Trail, Kissimmee, FL 34744
- Our Emergency Department is located in one of the fastest-growing communities in Osceola County, close to Walt Disney World entertainment complex and local attractions.
- The unit consists of 35 monitored beds, two trauma rooms, dedicated pediatric rooms, and is a certified stroke center.
- We see over 50,000 patients each year, serving all age groups with the best in community-based acute, medical and surgical care.
- The department also utilizes LEAN principles in an effort to promote safe and efficient throughput.
The community you’ll be caring for:
- AdventHealth Kissimmee is a 242-bed community-focused hospital
- Conveniently located near Walt Disney World
- The team is here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties
AdventHealth Kissimmee has recently expanded our existing tower by 3-floors and 80-beds, including new ancillary spaces such
The role you’ll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
*Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Customer Service
- Medical Emergency
- Nursing Diagnosis