To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Milford, CT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tooling Superintendent - Injection Molding and Die Maintenance
Edgewell Personal Care • Milford, CT
Posted 28 days ago
Edgewell Personal Care is a leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of a diverse portfolio of consumer and personal care products. Edgewell's products include well known brands such as Shaving products including Schick and Wilkinson Sword Razors and Blades, Shaving preparation gels of Edge and Skintimate, Sun Care products, including Banana Boat, Hawaiian Tropic, and Private Label brands; Infant Care products, including spill-proof cups, baby bottles, pacifiers, and Diaper Genie; Feminine Care products, including the brands of Gentle Glide, Sport and OB tampons, and Stay free and Care free pads and liners.
Our latest additions to the Edgewell family of personal care brands include two full product lines of skin care and grooming products for men: Bull Dog and Jack Black.
Provides direction, support and supervision for all Tooling Maintenance colleagues. Manages the maintenance activity related to production tooling to ensure optimum availability. This includes both injection molding and metal stamping die maintenance.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Plans, organizes and controls tooling maintenance activities of a multi-shift operation to
accomplish production schedules while ensuring that service satisfies cost and quality standards.
- Front line supervision of maintenance colleagues, which includes performing job evaluations, scheduling resources, coaching and guiding, and providing appropriate and consistent discipline and recognition.
- Maintains the reliability and availability of tooling through preventive and reactive maintenance. Plans maintenance to reduce the amount of unscheduled jobs and optimize availability. Challenges and modifies maintenance procedures to improve safety and quality and increase process availability.
- Ensures that the tooling maintenance organization is fully staffed and prepared for current and future needs through training and development. Develops and executes staffing strategy to ensure staff can efficiently support future needs. Interviews, recommends, and selects personnel to fill vacant positions.
- Coordinates with Value Streams, RD&E, Quality Control and outside subcontractors to promote technological product and process improvements as it relates to tooling. Ensure work meets all applicable quality and regulatory standards.
- Establishes alternatives and contingency plans to prevent production and equipment problems.
- Communicate crucial maintenance information to the organization so that appropriate production adjustments can be made. Ensure the tooling maintenance organization works to established plant production priorities. Interfaces directly with Value Streams to meet production needs and satisfy maintenance requirements. Works directly with Value Streams to assure that all VS priorities are being met.
- Monitors maintenance spending, investigates financial variances and implements corrective actions to provide the highest value to the organization.
- Manages the inventory of tooling spare parts and tools. Oversees any related repair and rebuild activity, and develops and executes tooling component sourcing strategy.
- Assists in developing efficient, economical manufacturing processes for the fabrication and/or assembly of new or altered products.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices for all activities under his/her direction. Provides a safe work environment for all EPC colleagues.
- Administers within his/her area all applicable Corporate and Governmental policies and regulations pertaining to safety, environmental matters, Affirmative Action and EEO issues, and the disposal of hazardous wastes.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for maintaining favorable cost of goods through an aggressive CIP
commitment, proper area budget, an extensive utilization of support groups.
- Formulates operating budgets under supervision of Manager. Prepares monthly operating budget variance reports and rollout budget reviews pertaining to supervised area. Makes formal presentation of same to Production Manager and Operations Director.
- Develops with the Production Manager efficiency, cost and working standards and controls to measure results of budgetary spending variances for all departments under his/her supervision.
- Organizes and maintains records of overtime, downtime, tooling, productivity, and all department’s budgetary spending.
- Develops Capital Budget and Spending Plan and prepares Capital Expenditure Requests to provide departments with capital equipment necessary for production and cost improvement program requirements.
- Assists in preparing process sheets, cost estimates and standard costs for new or altered products.
- Very frequent contacts with other manufacturing and support departments.
- Often decision-making contract is made with others who hold peer positions or higher-level responsibilities. Included are the following departments: Quality Control Inspection and Assurance, Equipment and Process Engineering, Product Design, R & D, Production Planning and Scheduling, Accounting, Personnel, and Plant Administration.
- Contacts vendors, suppliers, technical services, and professional services as required.
- May supervise up to 30 hourly colleagues, one exempt and clerical colleague.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to plan and control the administrative and financial operation of department.
- Requires overall knowledge and understanding of manufacturing, facilities, assembly, tooling,
processing and financial systems.
- Developed administrative, supervisory, and communications skills.
- B.S. in Engineering or Business with related technical courses.
- 4 – 5 years related experience within the area of core business competency and demonstrated excellence in performance
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be aware of and follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work instructions/procedures that apply to the job.
- Perform every job safely, for the benefit of self, co-workers, contractors, and for the protection of facilities. This includes the use of required personal protective equipment and use of safety equipment as well as safe work practices.
- Immediately report every job-related injury or illness, regardless of severity, to a supervisor.
- Assist in investigating incidents as directed by your supervisor.
- Take necessary actions to correct or stop any unsafe conditions or practices.
- Actively participate in safety meetings and training.
- Review Material Data Sheet instructions before working with any chemical product.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Colleagues are responsible for their own quality and that of colleagues within their span of control.
- Colleagues are responsible to follow all established Quality procedures and instructions.
- Notify supervision for corrective action if and when defects are found and/or parts/processes do not conform to specifications.
Edgewell is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.