To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Coppell, TX 75019
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, HR Business Partner
Fresenius Medical Care • Coppell, TX
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Utilizes subject matter expertise to assist local management in the implementation of corporate policies related to human resources, organizational and employee development at the business unit or division level. Consults with employees and managers to address root causes of human resources issues. Partners with Talent Acquisition, Compensation, and Employee Relations Centers of Expertise (CoE) to deliver a systematic Human Resources approach. Participates in company-wide programs and initiatives. Assists senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-oriented perspectives Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of Human Resources; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. Assists in the development of strategic Human Resources programs that will engage, develop, and retain employees.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to provide coaching to management on addressing a variety of employee issues such as performance while effectively mitigating business and company risk.
- Lead HR initiatives at the local level to include annual employee engagement survey, talent management review, restructuring, etc.
- Lead Environmental Health and Safety actives.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- In partnership with the Employee Relations CoE resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, union awareness, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- In accordance with established guidelines, provides managers and supervisors with interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies, legal and compliance matters.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers. Assist with succession planning activities in order to ensure that a pipeline of high potential and/or promotable employees are identified and developed to meet future organizational needs.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition to assist with recruitment, selection and hiring. Works with managers and supervisors to develop interview questions for each position.
- Oversees the salary administration for assigned client group.
- In conjunction with Center for Leadership & Professional Development (CLPD) CoE, assesses individual and organizational training/development needs and design or recommend training/development programs to meet identified needs. Coordinate and where appropriate, deliver training for client groups.
- Investigates employee action line calls (CAL or EAR) with assistance from appropriate internal experts and document actions taken, escalating sensitive or critical issues to the HR Director.
- Partners with Corporate HR/Payroll services to fulfill organization requirements.
- Facilitates exit interviews with voluntarily terminating employees when specifically requested.
- Assists in Affirmative Action planning and reporting.
- May assist in union avoidance activities (including training and union-free communications).
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position will split time between two work locations in manufacturing and warehouse setting.
Travel up to 20% as required.
- May supervise one or two human resources individual contributors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 10 years of related Human Resources experience; or a Master’s degree with 5 years of experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experience preferred.
- SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, or a plus.
- Manufacturing and Warehouse experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Ability to build good working relationships.
- Organizational and Time management skills: multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals.
- Team player with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, can see hidden problems and looks beyond the obvious for answers.
- Excellent Conflict Management & negotiation skills – can bring others together and reconcile differences.
- Drive for Results – Drives for results and success, conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure, persists despite obstacles and opposition.
- Ability to quickly adapt to fast changing situations.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office experience.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity