Are you Mohawk Material? We’re the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best SYSTEMS ANALYST II - TRANSPORTATION/DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
With latitude for independent judgment and decision-making is responsible for the development, modification and implementation of application systems designed to support new or existing business needs. Provides technical support in all aspects of designing and constructing applications systems, to include development requirements, design specifications and integration analysis and resolution. Projects are of medium to high complexity and require advance knowledge of development tools. Based on thorough analysis of the project and considering staff, equipment and deadlines, develops solutions from concept to implementation using object-oriented applications, languages and third-party tools, client server based tools and comparable applications. Typically works in all phases of a project.
- Participates in the evaluation, customization, implementation, and support of purchased applications. Design, code, test, install, and support significant enhancements to existing application systems and entire new development projects. Serves as the primary on-call support person; troubleshoots and corrects complex system problems.
- Performs required analysis and provides technical advice and direction regarding the interface/integrate of supported systems with the rest of the application portfolio; analyzes how the supported applications can best serve business functions; recognizes the impact to the business of proposed applications changes and advises IS colleagues accordingly.
- Interacts with customers and Business Process Specialist to quantify system requirements, and coordinate system and integration testing, migration and roll-out; participates in identifying alternative technical solutions options, quantifying pro and cons. Identifies and uses appropriate methods, techniques, and tools for documenting applications and interfaces.
- Serves as Project Lead or participates on project teams serving as an IT technical expert on small to medium size projects; as a project lead will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of assigned project team to meet project milestones; ensure the use of appropriate project management tools to develop project plans, schedules, status reports, and project documentation etc.
- Performs other duties as required
- Fully supports and works to become the Subject Matter Expert in the following areas
- Full life cycle of processing an order after it is entered, all the way through shipping, invoicing, claims, and inventory management.
- Support and on call within the Distribution and Transportation Teams
We do not require a Bachelor Degree, if you have a minimum of 3 years of work experience; and,
In-depth technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments.
- 3+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement. Experience must include…
-3+ year experience with the Series platforms (AS/400, AS400), with solid developer and analytical skills.
- Prior work experience in an organization of comparable size, business diversity, scope and complexity a plus
- Proficient using PC, Internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Project 98, etc.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of applications development projects, Information Technology practices and methods.
- Working knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management
- Prior work experience in Logistics and Transportation is highly desired
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Good understanding of a functional domain area
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Able to understand Customer priorities and work toward accomplishing those priorities
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs
- Able to meet milestones for assignments
- Able to take ownership of assignments and provide workable solutions
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Self-motivated & Goal driven towards assigned tasks
- Manage individual time and attention based on assigned job roles/objectives
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.
Normal Office Environment
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk offers a comprehensive compensation package that includes a wide variety of benefit options so that individuals can tailor plans that are right for him or her. Benefits include health care with a prescription card, dental/vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, employee purchase discounts, tuition reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs and much more.