To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Basile, LA 70515
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • Basile, LA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Assists management by performing confidential, clerical and administrative duties, thereby relieving management of minor, often routine business detail otherwise important to the operation of the facility. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizes office operations and procedures for the efficient flow of work within the administrative office as well as the integration of interdepartmental workflow and sequence.
- May take and transcribe dictation, in addition to performing oftentimes advanced clerical and administrative duties. Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices. Composes and types general correspondence based on knowledge of management views and/or verbal instructions for management approval.
- Makes appointments, gives information and/or directs callers and opens mail, exercising judgment concerning priority. Reads outgoing correspondence for policy or viewpoint conflicts. Summarizes content of incoming materials.
- May exercise lead work responsibility over clerical personnel.
- May perform human resources type duties to include disseminating corporate and facility policies and procedures in addition to clerical duties related to employee performance, status changes, benefits enrollment and similar ancillary duties. May operate under the direction of the facility Human Resources staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relations with a wide spectrum of employees, officials, and the public.
- Arranges travel schedules and reservations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a responsible administrative secretarial position or related field. Appropriate accreditation and/or certification in related field may supplement work experience requirement.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and knowledge in the performance of complex, confidential, and sometimes difficult duties.
- Ability to use personal computers and associated software applications.