To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenville, SC 29601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bridge Civil Engineer
Michael Baker International • Greenville, SC
Posted 1 month ago
WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International has addressed bridge design, construction and preservation challenges with innovative and sustainable solutions. Exemplifying its depth and versatility in the bridge space, Michael Baker International, ranked Number Five by Engineering News-Record in its annual ranking of Bridge Design Firms in the United States, has partnered with clients on a full spectrum of bridge types-from conventional grade separations to major, complex river crossings, including trusses, arches, box girders and cable-stayed bridges.
As part of our Structural Engineering Team, the Bridge Engineer will work on complex bridge projects, lead and mentor Engineer’s in Training, and develop innovative, practical solutions. In this role you will perform design, field assessment, and analysis for a wide variety of bridge systems and components.
• Perform design and complex structural analysis for bridges using software tools.
• Develop structural details and construction plans using Microstation or AutoCAD.
• Assist and check design calculations performed by others.
• Prepare geometric layouts, construction specifications, and quantity calculations.
• Perform bridge and other structure condition assessments and prepare reports.
• Establish and maintain corporate relationships with employees, and clients.
• You’ll need a Bachelor's of Science degree in Structural or Civil Engineering and a minimum of 4-8 years of experience.
• Naturally, you’ll need computer skills (Microsoft Office), along with industry standard bridge design and analysis software, and understanding of CADD.
• Familiarity with AASHTO Bridge Design Specifications is important.
• Hold a South Carolina Professional Engineer (PE) License, or the ability to obtain one within six months.
• NBIS Bridge Inspection Team Leader Certification is desired, but not required.