To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Relationship Manager - Business Banking (Ft. Wayne, IN)
Flagstar Bank • US-Nationwide
Posted 14 days ago
- Develop new small business relationships by proactively making outside business calls both in person and by phone.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customer base in designated area.
- Leverage the sales process in alignment with the retail operating model and effectively utilize high performance sales tactics to:
- Retain and grow profitable new business for business banking clients
- Support the achievement of the business banking plan for Retail
- Analyze customer financial condition and recommend financial solutions that meet the customer’s business and personal needs, while appropriately leveraging the small business product line.
- Establish Flagstar Bank as the bank of choice for small business customers within the designated footprint by participating in various community affairs and activities to promote the image of the bank and further develop new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain a network of resourceful working relationships with internal business partners and external centers of influence.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANGEMENT:
- Proactively serve as the client’s trusted advisor and idea generator by engaging the full resources of the bank to uncover and deliver value solutions to meet the key objectives of the client.
- Fully explore client financial profiles to provide creative options ensuring the full integration of all banking products to maximize client relationships. Includes: Consumer, Investment Center, Mortgage and Treasury Management
- Manage portfolio of business banking customers to the highest profit potential while adhering to credit policy and regulatory requirements
- Transition clients to appropriate area when appropriate
- Ensure a complete loan package is delivered and executed per the appropriate operating model
- Negotiate loan terms and conditions
- Attend loan closings and ensure proper execution of documentation
- Take ownership of the credit quality of the portfolio, compile and analyze data for loan requests and validate obligor and facility ratings
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related major is required. Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of sales or relationship management experience in business banking
- Demonstrated track record of prospecting and securing new business clients
- Demonstrated credit acumen skills with the ability to understand as well as interpret financial statements and cash flow analysis
- Handles transactions/relationships with the highest level of complexity
- Experience working with less experienced team members to mentor and develop them, sharing expertise and insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge of small business deposit and lending products
- Strong prospecting, relationship management, and sales skills
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and commercial credit skills
- Excellent customer service and community relations skills
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations, compliance, and requirements (e.g., Reg B, ECOA, HMDA, FIRREA, CRA, etc.)
- Formal Commercial Credit training, Business Banking sales training and strong knowledge of SBA products and programs are all highly preferred
- This job requires a moderate degree of physical exertion and stamina such as standing, sitting, walking, driving or infrequent lifting
Internal Use Only: Band D