This position is incentive eligible. Introduction
**Ask about our new relocation benefits**
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for an Admin Director Emergency Services for our HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest team where excellence creates excellence.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Northwest, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Admin Director Emergency Services role today!Job Summary and Qualifications
The role of the Administrative Director of the Emergency Services Department assures service, growth, development, personnel management, and resource allocation and management controls in order to ensure consistent high-quality patient care in the Emergency Services Department, Free Standing Emergency Department, Emergency Management, and/or other departments as assigned.
What you will do in this role:
- You will accurately identify real/potential problems affecting the service and implement solutions with follow through and communication
- You will actively participate in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- You will advance the patient experience agenda in the Emergency Department
- You will coach immediate subordinates and provide feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance
- You will adhere to all Human Resource policies
- You will effectively communicate departmental, organization and industry information to staff
- You will facilitate evidence based employee engagement practices
- You will effectively build strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals
- You will participate in employee and patient rounding and identifies and mentors potential future leaders
- You will enforce standards of emergency department care and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance
- You will develop, implement, and evaluate an ongoing emergency services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- You will monitor compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety
- You will oversee a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care
- You will be responsible for department’s operational excellence; ensures department delivers quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures and professional standards
- You will follow the Hospital Exposure Control Plans/Blood borne and Airborne Pathogens
- You will seek new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services
- You will develop, prioritize and defend all capital equipment requests
- You will be responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, or Business Administration required
- 3+ years of experience in emergency services required
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role required
- Currently licensed or eligible as a registered professional nurse in the state in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
is a 415+ bed acute care hospital
that has been serving the north Houston communities for more than 40 years, providing a wide range of medical services including cardiology, maternity care, Level III NICU
, pediatrics, bariatrics and neurology. We comprehensively serve our community by employing expert physicians, specialists, nurses and support staff who work together as a unified team to offer a range of diagnostic treatment and support services. From our 24-hour emergency department with Level II Trauma
capabilities, to women’s services, to cardiology, we are dedicated to improving the health of our community by delivering exceptional, personalized healthcare. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as an Admin Director Emergency Services. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Business Administration
- Certified Emergency Nurse (Cen)
- Coaching And Mentoring