In this newly created role, you will serve as a highly collaborative leader within the Optum Advisory Services Strategy & Growth practice. Flexibility and the ability to dynamically pivot to an evolving set of client needs is a must.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Serve as an overall engagement executive across high-complexity, multi-workstream engagements
- Diagnose issues the client has identified (as well as underlying issues) and determine appropriate solutions that will lead the client to create strategic direction
- Build consensus among client stakeholders who play a critical role in the client’s ability to successfully implement identified solutions
- Principal point of relationship and escalation for client executives
- Accountable for overall engagement execution including quality of output; client satisfaction (Net Promoter Score); and profitability
- Provide executive oversight of project economics and direct team to follow practices needed to ensure both quality and profitability
- Serve in an advisory role to clients on business strategy, operational effectiveness and healthcare best practices
- Provide subject matter expertise to other Optum Advisory Services and Optum Company business units as it relates to strategic planning
- Provide support to other Optum Advisory Services and Optum Company business units when strategy expertise is required in addressing client issues
- Communicate effectively and accurately in writing and verbally to prospects, clients, and other team members
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Responsible for new business development efforts inclusive of strategy sales to new clients; strategy sales to existing clients; sales of other Optum Advisory/Optum services and capabilities to new or existing clients
- Lead development of intellectual capital and thought leadership collateral
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Strategy & Growth advisory team
- Serve as industry expert in one or more areas and use engagements to advance your own knowledge
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Previous consulting firm experience including accountability for engagement leadership, client relationship management and business development
- Track record of success building long term relationships across the cSuite with Payer and/or Provider market clients
- Proven engagement with healthcare clients, including boards, executives, and physicians
- Demonstrated ability to provide valuable insights and logical explanations when faced with difficult questions
- Previous experience leading strategy work
- Familiar with variety of problem-solving approaches and frameworks
- Proven ability to drill down to the root cause of issues and be creative in problem solving
- Established track record of leading multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Willingness to travel domestically, from 25% to 50% of the time
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- 10 + years of professional experience in the healthcare industry
- Background in healthcare consulting
- Highly proficient in managing projects that achieved budget and timeline goals
- Experience mentoring and developing team members
- History of leading and motivating cross-functional teams
- Graduate level degree in business or healthcare
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $169,500 to $322,500. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.