To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New Albany, IN 47150
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
1st Press Operator
Graphic Packaging International • New Albany, IN
Posted 1 month ago
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child’s cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We’re one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world’s most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry’s best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we’d love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
OPPORTUNITY: We are a folding carton manufacturing operation seeking a candidate to join our Printing Department as a 1st Press Operator. We offer outstanding opportunities for our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression. These are skilled trade positions where our employees build successful careers in the Printing & Packaging industry. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, health spending accounts as well as 401-K with matching funds. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance, Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for safely and efficiently preparing and operating printing press equipment, and producing a quality product.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following
- Understand and comply with plant and printing department rules, regulations, and procedures
- Identify and operate the inking system, color and ink adjustments, plates, and control panel
- Prepare make ready and cleanup of equipment and surrounding area
- Ability to see Color Hue and recognize tone
- Identify and resolve quality defects and causes including hickies, scumming, color variance, coating pattern, scratches, offset, and registration issues
- Handle and prioritize multiple tasks, read printing schedule, read status of current jobs
- Accurately complete all paperwork, including quality checks and production reports
- Must be able to work overtime
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic computer skills, data entry preferred
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, set- up the Printing Press and carry out instructions.
- Skills – Mechanical, technical, communication
- High school Diploma or GED
- 3 or more years operating printing press and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Able to work either 8 or 12 hour days.
- Must be able to work 3rd shift. (11p-7a)
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 45 lbs.