The Quality Assurance (Compliance) Team Lead will assist management with implementing compliant policies and procedures with an eye for efficiency. He/she will serve as a liaison to Regulators during internal and external audits or examination reports.
Our client is located in Los Angeles, CA and is one of the largest banks in China.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Analyze RL documents for compliance with various State & Federal requirements.
- Perform LOS and loan file reviews; ensure origination & settlement fees, GFE's and TIL documents are disclosed accurately, timely and within the tolerance.
- Communicates with internal staff to address and resolve all loan findings from audits.
- Monitor pending and or proposed changes to mortgage related rules and regulation to ensure all areas of compliance.
- Ensures accuracy of HMDA data for each loan.
- Ensures that all underwriting decisions, calculations are properly executed based on set forth guideline and policies by Investor and portfolio alike
- Provide support to management by retrieving department records for easy and timely access when loan files are requested by Audit, Compliance and Examiners.
- Develop and update Residential Lending policies and procedures to meet Audit, Compliance, CFPB, FDIC and OCC guidance
- Provide job specific training and updates to Residential Lending policies and procedures
- Maintain department logs for adverse files, imaged files and post-closing documents.
- Ensure that the RL loan application register is always up to date and submitted to Compliance on a monthly basis in a consistent timely manner
- Assists management with implementing compliant policies and procedures with an eye for efficiency
- Serve as a liaison to Regulators during internal and external audit or examination reports.
- Research compliance issues/questions, using legal counsel and compliance engines with accuracy and ability to decipher interpretation accuracy to the letter of the law.
- Check Mortgagebot (LOS engine) for Compliance Alert and ensuring immediate corrective action.
- Review initial disclosures packages, re-disclosure packages and closing packages to ensure they satisfy all accuracy and timing requirements
- Maintain documentation to support legal opinions, Quality Assurance testing
- System Administrator for DocMagic, Mortgagebot and CBC Innovis compliance systems.
- Review third party vendors for the Residential Lending & Servicing Department.
- Comply with Bank Secrecy Act policy and procedures and "know your customer/enhanced due diligence" guidelines.
- 15+ years of Residential Underwriting/auditing/compliance experience.
- Knowledge of Lending Compliance regulations: Regulation X (RESPA), Regulation Z, Regulation B, Fair Lending HMDA Guidelines among others.
- Experience with internal and outside audit processes and responses alike.
- Fraud review skills and ability to take action immediately.
- Knowledgeable with CFPB compliance, guidelines and execution of policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills to all: business partners and co-workers alike.
- Quality assurance that pertains to residential lending products.
- Must be extremely organized, analytic and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage lending, loan documentation requirements, underwriting, title, escrow and loan processing policies, procedures, terminology, automated processing systems and Federal and State guidelines.
Competitive Base Salary + Discretionary Bonus
Full Benefits- Medical, Dental, Vision
Product Quality Assurance