The Workforce Operations Assistant is an integral part of the Eckerd Workforce Development Team. The responsibilities of this position include screening and fielding calls; managing calendars; arranging for meeting and programmatic events; preparing reports, filing and entering data; receiving and directing visitors; word processing; creating spreadsheets and presentations. The Operations Assistant may be required to assist with overflow work from other members of the team. The successful candidate for this positon will demonstrate strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff and outside clients and vendors.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying, reserves space, orders refreshments and prepares presentation materials for meetings and workshops as needed.
- Schedules participant intake, orientation, and workshops.
- Writes and distributes email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms.
- Establishes and maintains monthly and quarterly reports for both internal and external customers as well as community partners to ensure the timely and accurate flow of information.
- Develops and maintains a filing system; ensures files are organized, accurate, up-to-date, and clearly marked for easy access.
- Ensures quality control by ensuring all documentation is scanned and accurate in the database and/or State Reporting System.
- Conducts follow-up services by contacting participants and documenting current status on a monthly basis.
- Conducts random file audits to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local requirements.
- Orders, inventories, and monitors supplies.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 2+ years of hands on administrative support experience.
Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook a must, knowledge of operating standard office equipment, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, ability to prioritize projects, strong problem solving skills, good research skills and attention to detail
Physical Demands: Requires sitting for approximately 2/3 of each day, ability to move or lift up to 25 pounds.
Other: Must have appropriate and valid state driver’s license and be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes. Must meet state criminal background check requirements. Some travel maybe required.
Travel: Must be able to meet requirements for Eckerd’s Auto Insurance and be able to drive for business purposes.