Diagnostic Medical and Breast Sonographer – AdventHealth Outpatient Imaging
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Up to $2500 Sign On Bonus
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Thursday - Saturday 7am-8pm
Location: 1919 E Highway 50, Clermont, 34711
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision performs Sonographic procedures in accordance with department protocols. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Consistently obtains the highest quality scans possible in relation to patient body habitus and/or NPO prep status as observed by Radiologists, Ultrasound Educator, and Ultrasound Manager. Follows proper exam protocols as outlined in department Policy and Procedure manual.
- Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade clinical skills. Maintains familiarity with new procedures. Assists with clinical instructions and serves as a resource to less experienced employees.
- Completes exams in a timely manner. Properly and consistently evaluates patient prep status and schedules exam accordingly. Communicates abnormal findings to the reading physicians and notifies the physicians of procedures to be interpreted. Maintains a professional relationship with all customers. Communicates with patients and family members appropriate to age and understanding.
- Performs a full range of diagnostic ultrasound procedures and operates all ultrasound equipment in assigned department. Rotates between multiple campuses/US departments as needed. Learns and adapts to new technologies and protocols and helps develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. Utilizes knowledge and skill to provide service to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Graduate of Ultrasound Program
- A minimum of the following two American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) specialty examinations:
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Abdomen (AB)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN)
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) - Breast
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in healthcare-related field
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Clinical Works
- Customer Service
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography