DivIHN (pronounced Divine) is a nationally-recognized Business Technology Solutions and Staffing services provider headquartered in Chicago. Since our formation in 2002, we have been trusted by Fortune 500 organizations to help them locate and hire best-in-class talent through our Award-winning Professional Workforce Solutions program.
Check out our careers page to see all of our job openings: http://divihn.com/careers/find-a-job/
One of our BEST F500 customers has engaged us to help them hire a CAD Designer II to be available to work out of their office in Madison Heights, Michigan; details can be found below.
05/20/2019 TO 06/30/2020
Please apply or call one of us to learn more
The CAD Designer support the Integrated Product Development Team IIID and IID renderings of the preliminary design, formal design, and final design in the approved government CAD formats suitable for review and approval by the Government's Configuration Control Board.
- Design and development of products and components utilizing IIID CAD/CAE modeling techniques
- Complete all CAD work required to process Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) including IIID model creation / modification and any IID drawing creation / modification that may be required
- Ensure adherence to all CAD and drafting standards
- Check other designer's work during the processing of ECNs to ensure that CAD and drafting standards are being followed
- Distribute as required, engineering documentation, ECNs, drawings, and/or specifications electronically or by paper
- Design new components and systems utilizing IIID CAD modeling techniques
- Develop drawings and designs for equipment specifications, engineering notes, sketches and/or existing drawings to ensure they meet applicable standards
- Prepare design layouts of equipment to meet required specifications; create complex assembly, outline, align, detail and other required drawings and bills of materials
- Select appropriate materials in conjunction with engineering
- Prepare tolerance stack-ups and establish fits and tolerances consistent with sound design practice and engineering standards
- Check layouts, assemblies, details, bills of material and other related drawings and documents
- Analyze design for conformity to standard industry and engineering department practices
- Review design for optimum simplicity and economy of manufacture; coordinate with other Designers, product engineers, purchasing, manufacturing engineering, and field service
The CAD Designer works under the direct supervision of design team leaders who will review all work prior to submission to the government for acceptance, review and approval.
- Associate's Degree in Engineering
- At least 6 years of CAD modeling experienceCertification:- Certificate in CAD/CAE Design from an accredited school
Security Clearance:- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- This position require US Citizenship or Residency.
- Minimal travel requirements
- Positive Attitude, Ethics and Values which support our company's values, and a healthy, high performance culture
- Expert understanding of TACOM requirements for ECP documentation and approved CAD model formats
- IIID and IID CAD/CAE modeling
DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.