Let Vaco serve as your advocate in presenting you to our top clients who are looking for investment banking professionals. Our clients have immediate opportunities for Property Accountants; don't let your resume get lost in the shuffle - let us work for you! At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the real estate industry - keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture, and growth opportunities. If you are experienced in real estate / property management accounting as a Property Accountant, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Property Accountant, you will be responsible for accounts payable, commission processing, setting up leases and property management agreements in the system, periodic government agencies reporting, preparing owner draws, bank reconciliations, 1099 processing at year end.
Additional responsibilities of the Property Accountant include:
- Prepare annual 1099's for vendors and owners.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure all Balance Sheet items are reconciled on a daily basis and prepare journal entries/corrections for any variances.
- Process Accounts Payable, including verifying, auditing, and checking that appropriate approvals are documented on the invoice. Resolving any discrepancies noted on invoices.
- Prepare Accounts Payable checks for signature.
- Process deposits from tenants whether it be electronic payments or checks/money orders.
- Process payments to Owners whether it be electronic payments or checks.
- Process PM commissions on a monthly basis.
- Set up & scan new leases in the Property Management software.
- Set up & scan new Property Management Agreements in the Property Management software.
- Prepare and audit Move-outs back to the original lease agreement ensuring any invoices pertaining to the move-out are accounted for.
- Prepare Franchise Tax Board returns on a monthly basis with quarterly true ups.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Extremely organized with ability to hit periodic deadlines.
- Assist the Accounting Manager and Controller as needed.
As a successful and experienced Property Accountant, you must be familiar with analyzing business operations, trends, costs, revenues, and obligations to project future revenues, expenses, or to provide advice.
Additional requirements of the Property Accountant role include:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• 4 years of progressively responsible real estate and/or property management accounting experience
Standard Accounting Practices