Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Charlotte Hungerford Hospital is a 122-bed, general acute care community hospital located in Torrington, Connecticut, that serves as a regional health care resource for the 100,000 residents of Litchfield County and Northwest Connecticut. CHH offers personalized attention from an expert team of caregivers and physicians that utilize advanced technology and clinical partnerships in a convenient, safe and comfortable patient environment.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT), under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with the provisions of the State of Connecticut Declaratory Ruling, is responsible for performing specified tasks related to the care and well being of patients.
These responsibilities may vary based on the Business Unit in which they work and may include but are not limited to: obtaining and documenting patient information; assisting in daily living activities; lifting, moving and transporting patients; management of drainage bags and associated documentation; providing personal care and feeding assistance as necessary; specimen collection; and preparing patients for or assisting in the preparation of patients for various tests and/or procedures. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction (patient, family, physician, others), maintaining patient confidentiality and being sensitive to the specific patient needs for comfort, privacy and generalized care. Incumbents of this position will annually complete the attached competency requirements specific to their area(s) of responsibility.
- Handles multiple priorities, independent discretion/decision making, manages stress appropriately, works alone effectively, works in close proximity to others and/or in a distracting environment, works with others effectively.
- Attends all mandatory education programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance.
- Attends all required department-specific education and training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to department safety and specific job‑related hazards.
- Follows the hospital exposure control plans/bloodborne and airborne pathogens. Attire is professional, neat, clean, and appropriate for the work environment. Wears proper identification while on duty.
- Maintains confidentiality of all hospital and patient information at all times, as observed by peers and management. Reports to work on time and meets acceptable standard for attendance.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) and/or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license required. (If no CNA/EMT license, a Student Nurse in a current nursing program who has completed at least their second year in an AND program or a student Nurse who has completed at least their third year in a BSN program.
One or more year’s experience in an acute care facility
Phlebotomy, experience performing EKG tests strongly preferred.
Able to manage stress effectively
Work well independently and with others
Strong sense of discretion/decision making ability
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Patient Care Technician
Certified Nursing Assistant
Physician Patient Privilege
Registered Nurse Certified
Patient Information Leaflet