Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
“I am inspired by watching our teams provide end of life care that allows our patients dignity and the ability to move through the last chapter of their lives on their own terms.”
-Betsy, Admissions Registered Nurse
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. As an Admissions RN, you will assess patients for hospice eligibility and explain the hospice care to patients and families. Our Admissions Nurses welcome patients on to our service and reassure families of our good care. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as an Admissions Nurse to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Admissions Nurse assesses patients' eligibility for hospice and admits patients as appropriate. As an Admissions RN, you will initiate the initial plan of care with authorization of the attending physician and hospice medical director and complete the admission process according to Compassus policy.
- Explain hospice services and benefits to patients, family members and significant others
- Ensure all patient’s initial needs are met
- Collaborate with the Inter-Disciplinary Team members regarding initial plan of care, patient’s condition and other essential information
- Contact and maintain relationships with long-term care staff, hospital staff, and physicians to promote hospice services
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity including maintenance of confidential information
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends, when needed
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities in the local community
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Education and Certifications
Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
Louisiana: Two years full time experience as a Registered Nurse or two years clinical in hospice
Mississippi: 1 year full time experience as a Registered Nurse or 3 years full time continuous employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse immediately preceding Registered Nurse licensure
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.
URL blocked - click to apply
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations