Knorr Brake Company is the innovative leader in the manufacture and supply of braking systems, passenger doors and climate-control equipment for all types of Mass Transit customers such as: METRO, Light Rail Vehicles, High-Speed Trains, Commuter Rail and Monorail Vehicles for the North America market. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Field Service Engineer
Provide support and services as requested by the Customer and/or directed by the Manager of Customer Service related to Knorr equipment.
Investigate and troubleshoot extremely complex technical car problems with KB supplied equipment, perform system commissioning, conduct testing programs. Forward overhaul programs, work with customers in development of overhaul kits. Support and forward FRA related Age Exploration activities. Equipment can be mechanical, electrical/electronic in nature. Must possess ability to understand software at the functional level for troubleshooting purposes.
Major Responsibilities of the position:
% of Time
Support Rail Services A/M activities.
Commission Knorr equipment.
Conduct testing programs.
Trouble-shoot system problems at authorities which do not follow normal diagnosis patterns.
Interface with Engineering Departments of car builders, transit authorities and other KB entities as required.
- A mechanical, electrical college degree or other relevant background is required.
- Be familiar with typical Transit Authority rules/regulations, technical specifications, and standard rail Industry workmanship requirements.
- Familiar with FRA regulations as they relate to KB supplied systems.
- Must be able to use electrical/electronic measurement tools (oscilloscopes, DMM, etc.) in the field.
- Must be able to utilize Knorr portable test units and service terminal software proficiently in the field.
- Must do “hands-on” trouble-shooting, commissioning and testing of cars in the field.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with remote personnel.
- Capable of travel 50-70% every month when required.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of proven experience
Must have a minimum of 7 years’ of experience in a Field Support Environment for Rail Vehicles on primary and secondary systems. (Note: Similar Experience in Industries of Marine Propulsion/Sub Systems, Aviation/Avionics or Military Ordinance Systems will be reviewed on a case by case basis and or added to time in service with Rail to add to a cumulative 7 years of experience)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving