Payroll Professional, don't get lost in the numbers! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Payroll Administrator. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you. At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Payroll Administrator and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Senior Payroll Administrator your typical day may involve:
- Responsible for timely processing of all aspects of semi-monthly payroll in US and UK using ADP Workforce Now. This includes but is not limited to day to day processing, ROE prep, manual cheque/off cycle payroll processing, preparing journal entries, processing third party remittances and responding to general ledger inquiries.
- Perform professional analysis and reconciliation of payroll related transactions
- Prioritize and respond to second tier employee inquires in an effective manner within established SLA's
- Assist with year-end government filings
- Review and analyze current payroll procedures in order to recommend changes leading to best-practice operations
- Participate in peer audit/review of payrolls being processed by other team members and collaboratively communicate issues as appropriate
- Participate in special projects as required
- Five+ years of U.S. payroll experience in a high volume, full cycle environment
- Full cycle payroll experience in UK considered an asset
- Post-secondary education an asset
- Possess excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with multiple levels of management within the organization
- Strong knowledge of payroll related taxation rules/ laws
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills dealing with regular and complex problems
- Skilled at handling confidential information using tact and discretion
- Proficient with MS Office applications, specifically MS Word, with an intermediate to advanced level of experience with Excel
- A high degree of comfort with technology, with a desire to learn
- Deadline driven, resilient and able to work well in both structured and unstructured environments
- Experience with payroll software, such as ADP WorkforceNow
As a Senior Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your financial expertise, organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities. It's a great opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level!
Here's what you will need to succeed as a Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years of experience
• CPA or CPA candidate
• Public accounting experience; Big 4, desired
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.