We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
- Oversee the work performed by contractors in the construction of renewable energy facilities. Responsible for monitoring of construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, Acciona QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements and good construction practices.
- Follow Company’s processes and procedures to safely and effectively construct Acciona renewable generating facilities for “Best in Class Performance”.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly project meetings. Maintain all job specific meeting minutes and necessary logs.
- Create, process, complete and maintain accurate documentation and records associated with the construction site including request for information, submittals, change orders and drawings.
- Assist in the monitoring of facilities tie-ins, start-up, and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation and close-out activities.
- Oversee the Safety and Environmental compliance of Acciona’s personnel and subcontractors on site during construction in accordance with federal, state and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements.
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analysis to accurately determine failure mode and reason.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide all the information needed to create the daily reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
- Assist in the training and support of new Construction Engineers.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- EIT Certification a plus.
- Experience in construction of energy facilities or renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with project management tools and systems (MS Project, Primavera), is a plus.
- Experience designing with Auto Cad.
- Ability to relocate to the project sites during construction for a period of several months.
- Flexibility to move work days and hours as necessary to accommodate construction schedule including extended hours and weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays).
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations.
- Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
- Ability to think and analyze situations in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments throughout the year is required.
- Ability to climb vertical ladders and work at heights of 300 feet is required.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations for extended periods of time is required.
- Have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Seeing/Comprehension: Must be able to read documents, reports, and computer screens and/or examine or inspect material or data. Required 50-100% of the time.
- Hearing: Must be able to communicate with customers and coworkers. Required: 50-100% of the time.
- Walking/Standing: Required 50-100% of the time.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Required 50-100% of the time.
- Hand/Finger Dexterity: Manipulating objects, equipment and/or using keyboard. Required 50-100% of the time.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
Product Quality Assurance