Thompson Turner Construction is seeking a candidate in Columbia, SC who is knowledgeable about all processes required to complete a project. Analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services, applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principles, or processes.
- Directs activities of workers concerned with construction of Pre-Engineered Metal Buildings and conventional steel buildings.
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of construction, based on knowledge of available tools and equipment and various building methods.
- Assembles members of team (supervisory, clerical, engineering, and other workers) at start of project.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Confers with other supervisory personnel and labor representatives to resolve complaints and grievances within work force.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that work conforms to specifications and that construction schedules are adhered to.
- Prepares, or receives from subordinates, reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Ensures that all work performed is conducted in a safe manner and makes sure we do our duties within regulatory compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A 4 year degree in engineering or construction management degree or equivalent and experience preferred.
- 5-7 years minimum experience supervising and being responsible for building k-12 schools, municipal buildings and industrial buildings.
- Must have computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Blue Beam).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills, attention to details.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills in regard to cost/pricing of material, labor and equipment.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Knowledge of building permits, safety site restrictions and other aspects of the paperwork required on a project.
- Able to safely lead a team that works safe and productive
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
- Construction Management
- Attention To Detail