Job Title: Director of Logistics - Fleet Maintenance
About Our Team and This Role:
Our employees are our greatest asset. We want them to be happy, healthy, and safe as partners in our success. We work together with our employees to sustain the inclusive work environment that has been one of our core values for nearly a century.
This position establishes, maintains, and executes a coordinated fleet management and logistics business plan for Beacon’s South Division. You will incorporates a strategy consistent with the company’s safety focus, operational objectives, service requirements, and continuous improvement efforts within each. This position requires 50% travel.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Coordinate, schedule, and assign duties and responsibilities within functional area like budgeting, fleet maintenance, major repairs, etc.
- Ensure Division and Regions stay within monthly, quarterly & annual budgets
- Provide feedback, direction, and guidance to management on fleet functional resources to ensure maximum delivery and customer service while optimizing cost
- Develop company standards and monitor adherence to each program, directing region and branch management as required
- Develop recommendations / complete proposals with necessary documentation, data, and models for Fleet Capex
- Drive Fleet optimization within Division and RSA markets that include defining market requirements, monitoring utilization, and facilitating transfers/hiking as necessary
- Partner with RSA teams to create life cycle planning requirements to ensure optimal fleet to driver ratios are maintained based on seasonal business forecasts
- Recommend and assist with financial modeling of Lease versus Buy decisions
- Establish planned replacement cycles predicated on company safety, economic, and budgetary parameters
- Plans, organizes, and directs field management in fleet operations including equipment procurement, maintenance, repair, and disposal
- Ensure optimal utilization of company vehicles and equipment through the use of metrics and reports focused on goals and targets established through the planning process
- Provides management with monthly reporting on achieving logistics and fleet goals and objectives
- Partner with core vendors to implement truck, hydraulic and forklift preventive maintenance and general repair programs
- Ensure full use of telematics to automate the collection and recording of data that enables the monitoring of vehicle performance and driver behavior
- Monitor the administration of company titles, registrations, permits, insurance cards, and state decals as well as all fuel and mileage taxes ensuring timely and accurate compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preparing and delivering annual Performance Reviews for direct reports as required
- Understanding and following company safety rules to foster and maintain a safe work environment
- Assessment and support of existing personnel in achieving business goals and objectives
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Transportation/ Logistics or related field
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience managing budgets within a matrix organization
- Full understanding of fleet Total Cost of Ownership and Lifecycle management
- 10+ Years of demonstrated Transportation and Logistics experience with similar duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes that enhance safety and profitability
Founded in 1928, Beacon (Nasdaq: BECN) is one of the largest distributors of commercial and residential roofing products, complementary construction, and building materials serving the entire United States and six Canadian provinces. Through strategic investments in new technology and an ever-expanding network of locations throughout the United States and Canada, we help contractors save time, manage work more efficiently, and enhance their businesses.