To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huron, OH 44839
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AkzoNobel Inc • Huron, OH
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
• Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and the ability to collect and record data.
• Solid reading and comprehension skills necessary in order to document processes & activities, follow detailed instructions and read batch slips.
• Proficient math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and ability to measure weights and volumes (standard and metric).
• Must be able to perform frequent and repetitive lifting of materials weighing up to 55 pounds.
• Ability to bend, reach & lift hoses, manipulate valves, perform operation/adjustment of equipment, stack pallets, climb ladders and stairs, and other related tasks.
• Ability to work from heights up to 20-50 feet.
• Must be able to use and function with PPE, including respirators, safety glasses, face shields, dust masks, and other PPE as required.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment including but not limited to forklifts, forklift attachments, hoists, & pumps.
• Must possess mechanical aptitude with the familiarity and use of general mechanic’s tools.
• Ability to perform multiple duties and manage complex tasks in a properly prioritized manner and through effective use of time management and working safely.
• The ability to work in a team environment and take ownership over an area of responsibility with limited direction to make informed decisions.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities:
• Retrieve and stage raw materials for production. Must be able to identify items, understand HMIS labels, and accurately document transactions.
• Loading and unloading tankers and rail cars of bulk raw materials and finished goods per DOT, OSHA and EPA standards.
• Filling IBC’s and drums per customer requests and DOT regulations.
• Material handling of bagged materials, drums, & totes, handling solvents and oil based materials that are flammable and have other hazardous properties, while maintaining inventory.
• Taking in-process samples of materials to be tested during manufacturing, ensuring accurate record keeping and collection of data in log books, filling, and shipping documents.
• Maintaining a clean equipment and work area. Communicating when repairs are needed to equipment.
• Assist Operators as necessary in the production and manufacturing of resin products.
• Work safely in a hazardous materials environment, participating in Hazard Studies, PSSR’s, MOC’s, or Safety Committees.