At Kia, we’re creating award-winning products and redefining what value means in the automotive industry. It takes a special group of individuals to do what we do, and we do it together. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative. Our people thrive on thinking differently and challenging the status quo. We are creating something special here, a culture of learning and opportunity, where you can help Kia achieve big things and most importantly, feel passionate and connected to your work every day.
Kia provides team members with competitive benefits including 100% premium paid medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) plan matching of 100% up to 6% of the salary deferral, and time off starting at 14 days per year. Kia also offers company lease and purchase programs, company-wide holiday shutdown, paid volunteer hours, and premium lifestyle amenities at our corporate campus in Irvine, California.
The Dealer Contracts Analyst will report directly to the Dealer Contracts Manager and will assist and support the Dealer package process with a goal of improving and enhancing Kia representation through increased Kia sales volume market share growth.
A key responsibility will be to assist and support the Dealer Contracts Manager in developing and communicating to Regional personnel recommended revisions to a Dealer candidate’s proposal in order to improve Kia sales, enhance Kia’s brand image and/or comply with KMA policies. The Dealer Contracts Analyst will work with the Dealer Contracts Manager and Regional personnel to make appropriate changes and/or assist the regions in preparation and analysis of dealer proposals and packages. The Analyst will review packages in the context of thoroughness, accuracy, compliance with company policy and identify and rectify gaps as appropriate. The Analyst will interact with various KMA Regions and corporate personnel on an ongoing basis in accomplishing the above.
This position is will assist with training of new Regional Dealer Development (DD) team members on documents required to prepare a package for National review.
The Analyst will act as subject matter expert in the use of the Dealer Proposal System (DPS) and a resource to Regional and dealer personnel as appropriate to assist in package preparation and review.
Priority 1st - 60%
- Evaluate and analyze for accuracy and completeness Dealer proposals for open points, buy/sells, relocations, and all other packages. Assist Dealer Contracts Manager and Regional personnel in the submission of timely and complete packages while monitoring and ensuring adherence to statutory review guidelines.
Priority 2nd - 20%
- Train new Regional DD team members (specifically Dealer Development Specialists) on documents required based on the package type and how to effectively analyze and evaluate proposals to ensure consistency with State franchise laws while looking to improve dealer network representation.
Priority 3rd - 10%
- Assist Dealer Contracts Manager in managing DCS charges to ensure KMA collects sufficient funds to pay for Territory Pro reports. Interface with other departments to ensure timely processing of final payments to terminated dealers.
Priority 4th - 10%
- Stay aware of state franchise law implications in reviewing and analyzing proposals and following up with legal team as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent job experience in related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years automotive OEM experience, or equivalent in market representation, Dealer Development, network planning and/or business management.
- Retail or Field Dealer contact management experience is preferred.
Directly Related Experience
- Dealer contact experience, an understanding of Dealer operations, and experience in applying corporate policy and State laws to specific Dealer network situations preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunities
KMA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, including pregnancy and childbirth and related medical conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, legally protected physical disability or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. KMA complies with applicable law governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which KMA has offices. The KMA EEO policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
Disclaimer: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and for this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.